Question about Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright Steam Vacuum
Make sure that the line to the tank is not kinked or bent in the tank itself hope this helps
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2014 | Dyson DC47 Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Jul 09, 2014 | Dyson DC33 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Nov 04, 2010 | Bissell 1698 PowerSteamer ProHeat Upright...
First check the motor duct gasket. The motor duct gasket is visible once the tank is removed. It is located underneath the handle on the top of the base of the machine. It has a black rubber coating around it. If there is no suction there please let us know. If your machine does have suction at the duct, continue to check the following:
- Ensure the Ready Tools Dial is set to the appropriate setting (Floor Cleaning or Hose Attachments).
- Remove the tank from the machine and ensure the tank lid is attached properly. The front window must first hook onto the lip of the bottom of the tank and then drape over the tank. Latch the bottom tank to the top tank lid. THIS LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE TANK IS NOT REMOVED FROM THE MACHINE.
- Make sure the Water Tank is not full on the outside of the bladder. If it is, empty the tank.
- Ensure the hose is firmly attached to the back of the machine. If not, re-insert as necessary by twisting into place.
- The machine must be in an upright, locked position and set to the Hose Attachment setting. If the handle is slightly tilted back while using, it will create a small gap at the suction inlet (where handle meets gasket, above the Bottom Tank) which will cause little or no suction.
- Check the red Tank Lint Screen for debris. If the Lint Screen is dirty, the unit will have poor suction. Clean the Lint Screen if necessary.
- If the float flap door in the tank lid is activating prematurely when you turn the machine on, this flap door should be replaced. This tank may need to be emptied.
- Check the Tank Lid and Tank for damage.
If you continue to experience low suction contact BISSELL Consumer Services at ...
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm ET
Sat: 9am to 8pm ET
Aug 16, 2010 | Bissell 9200 Upright Vacuum
Jan 22, 2010 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Dec 12, 2009 | Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright...
Jan 03, 2009 | Hoover F7425-900 SteamVac V2 Widepath...
Sep 22, 2008 | Eureka Atlantis 2591A Upright Steam Vacuum
Mar 07, 2008 | Vacuums
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!