Question about Televison & Video
The recorder is still running, can't make it turn on off or function in any way. Have turned it off over night, have changed batteries in remote, but no change.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Most likely the TV has a power supply related problem. It's possible that it maybe a bad capacitor or transformer on the power supply board. Or, it maybe something simple like a blown fuse inside the TV.
But, I can't say it's 100% the problem because I can't actually look at the tv over the internet. I can only make guesses with the symptoms.
You have a few choices:
1. You can try leaving the TV unplugged for 30 - 45 minutes so the TV can discharge and reset itself.
2. If by chance the TV is still under warranty, go that route.
3. If you have some electronic experience, if you can find and purchase a Service Manual over the internet; It will help you diagnose the source of the problem and fix it by soldering in the new part. The Service Manual will give you circuit diagrams, test points, and part# lists.Usually, cost under $20. And most cases the new part cost less than $15.
4. Pay a TV shop to do the repairs. It maybe costly, but get an estimate of how much they will charge. That way you can decide if it worth repairing or replacing the whole TV.
I hope I shed some light on the subject for you.
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
SOURCE: can't turn tv on with remote, only manually, when on volume is at 100 and cannot be adjusted with remote or manually. channels cannot be changed with remote or manually. Changed batteries in remote,
replace with new batteries and it works --- so simple
Posted on Sep 22, 2009
You have to find out if the remote is sending out the infrared signal to the TV remote receiver or not, you can test that by pointing the remote at the digital camera, you should see flashing light on the camera screen when any one of the remote button is pushed (digital camera can detect infrared light). If get the flashing light then the problem is in the TV remote sensor.
Posted on Jun 15, 2010
The problem of your TV could be the inverter board or the cold cathode light is busted.
Follow this instruction on how to fix that problem:
3. Check the input voltage of the inverter board if have 24vdc.Using multimeter (range on DC)
4. If you have 24vdc,check the output voltage of the inverter board it should have 500vdc.
5. If you don't have 500vdc output on the inverter,replace it.
6. If the you have the output voltage on it,the problem could be the busted cold cathode light (C.C.T).Replace it.
I hope this solution will be helpful.Thank you and don't forget to rate my answer.
Posted on May 07, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 02, 2012 | Hitachi 51S700 51" Rear Projection...
Oct 24, 2012 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Aug 20, 2012 | 5900 SST 2-Way Security System / Remote...
Jun 18, 2012 | Hitachi Heating & Cooling
Mar 31, 2012 | Televison & Video
Jul 04, 2011 | Televison & Video
May 25, 2011 | DISH Network ViP722 DTV Receiver /...
Dec 16, 2009 | Hitachi VTFX6510A VCR
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!