Question about Janome Sewing Machines
Stitching in one place only as carriage not moving
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: janome 9000
Remove the needleplate and clean out the lint from between the teeth of the feeddogs........it is the most likely reason, the lint holds the feeddogs below where they need to engage fabric.
Check your Presser foot tension is at 3 then do a test.
If this is not sufficient the method of adjusting feeddogs is possible at home, tho perhaps not for those lacking some confidence in mechanical adjustment.......so post back for detail if needed.
Posted on Jul 31, 2008
Warning - undertake this fix at your own risk as it will probably invalidate the warranty.
The problem is a bad connection inside the embroidery unit - there is a small plug that joins four sets of wires that comes loose.
1) disconnect the embroidery unit
2) Turn the unit over and remove the posidrive (crosshead) recessed screws on the bottom. ONLY remove the recessed screws NOT the ones holding the catch to hold embroidery unit to machine. ALSO DO NOT remove the one screw that is different (it has different head that allows a flat screwdriver as well as a posidrive)
3) Carefull turn unit back over
4) With the enbroidery unit facing you there is a screw facing you in the white cover of the hoop holder. Remove this screw and carefully remove the plastic cover.
5) On the underside of the hoop holder nearest you there are two black screws that are undone with an allen key. Remove these (they allow the main cover to come off
6) Pop out the long plastc cover under the hoop holder (where the ting moves back and forward)
7) Pop out the section of cover behind this that is now loose.
8) Carefully tease off the main cover. IT will come with patience and by moving the embroidery arm back and fortht to give space. DONT FORCE IT.
9) You will see the rails running left to right that the hoop holder moves on. Under these you should see four wires, that are joined to four other wires by a connector.
10) Wobble the connector to get them to connect again
11) Connect the embroidery unit to the machine and switch on.
12) If the carriage goes to the start position you have restored the connection. Secure with insulation tape
13) If not switch off, wobble, switch on unitl it works
14) Disconnect and replace covers.
Good luck. This sorted out our machine that just moved the carriage the wrong way and flashed red 88
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
Yes, the touchscreen can be replaced, but is unlikely to be a problem, will be replaced FOC if within 5 years of purchase.
A dimming screen is the LCD Backlight not the screen itself.
Depending on your location, your country's supply of parts should last for many years, subject to demand, as with anything.
.....but eventually they will become depleted
Try eBay as a shopper to see the current value of your machine in the market.
If you would like me to send you the Diagnosis Chart for testing operation, please contact me HERE, just make sure you specify the nature of request and the model you refer to, as many requests arrive daily.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank-you very much, I appreciate this information."
When my janome 350e did this I had to take it in to be calibrated and one month later it did it again and I had to take it back it has not given me any problems since but it would be nice to know how to do this myself it only took 5 minutes for this and takes me 3 hours there and 3 hours back. Hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2017 | Janome Sewing Machines
Mar 29, 2012 | Janome Memory Craft 9000 Computerized...
Sep 17, 2010 | Janome 8080 Computerized Sewing Machine
Apr 19, 2010 | Janome Memory Craft 9000 Computerized...
Mar 19, 2010 | Janome Memory Craft 9000 Computerized...
Nov 29, 2009 | Janome Memory Craft 10000
Jul 11, 2009 | Janome Memory Craft 9000 Computerized...
Jul 11, 2008 | Janome Memory Craft 9000 Computerized...
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!