Question about Toshiba 27AF41 27" TV
I recently purchased a used Toshiba 27af41 and noticed when I ot it home that the picture geometry was somewhat off. I accessed the service menu and tried to make adjustments. Unfortunately I didn't write down the original settings. Does anyone know the original default service menu settings?
Http://www.audiolabga.com/pdf/27AF41.pdf is the Toshiba service manual. The default values are listed on page 17. If necessary I can read out the values in my set. DO NOT change the data listed under DESIGN MODE because Table-3 is incorrect. I don't have the source of correct info available as I write but I can get it if you need. I work on missile control systems & radars with little experience in commercial electronics.
Posted on Nov 05, 2008
They are all different, in every set. Why do peeps not remember to leave these settings alone! sorry but now you will need to have the set serviced.
Posted on Jul 11, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2013 | Panasonic TC-29P22R 29" TV
1. To enter the Service Alignment Mode (SAM), press the following key sequence on the remote control transmitter: 0-6-2-5-9-6-Status.
2. From the top level SAM menu, use the Menu Up/Down keys to highlight the Geometry sub menu.
3. Use the Menu Left/Right keys to enter the Geometry sub menu.
4. In the Geometry sub-menu, use the Menu Up/Down buttons to select VAM.
5. Using the Menu Left/Right keys, adjust VSH so that the horizontal bar is properly centered, top to bottom.
6. Using the cursor up/down keys, select VAM from the Geometry sub-menu, and use the Menu Right key to
increase the value to obtain a slight overscan.
7. If other Geometry adjustments are needed, proceed to the necessary adjustment using the Menu Up/Down
8. Upon completion of Geometry adjustments, press the Menu button to return to the top level SAM menu.
9. To exit the Service Alignment Mode, turn the set off with the Power button on the remote control.
Oct 30, 2007 | Philips 19PR19 19" TV
Oct 06, 2012 | Toshiba 27AF41 27" TV
Jan 20, 2010 | Toshiba 27AF41 27" TV
Jul 22, 2009 | Toshiba 27AF41 27" TV
Jul 07, 2009 | Standard (CRT) Televisions
Jun 23, 2009 | Toshiba 27AF41 27" TV
7,216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!