Question about Washing Machines
I have a Whirlpool Thin Twin Stacked Washer/Dryer and can't select a hot/cold or hot/warm wash cycle. Whenever I set the dial to either of these and pull out the cycle dial to start, nothing happens. As soon as I set the temperature to warm/cold or cold/cold and pull out the dial, it works. I know that it's a not a problem with the water coming in from the tubes. I figured the only thing it could be was something electrical and I managed to get the front panel off. I got a good look at the wiring, but I can't tell where it could be going wrong. Anyone else ever run into this problem
If you suspect you have a defective timer it can easily be replaced by performing the following steps:
1. Unplug washing machine... and pull out the timer knob. Some knobs have a removeable center cap and hidden screw. Some are simply slip-fit. Remove the knob.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer.
The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer.
There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up.
There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Disconnect all power plugs and remove the timer's mounting screws.
5. Reinstall reverse of removal.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2011 | Whirlpool LTE5243D Top Load Stacked...
Apr 10, 2017 | Whirlpool LTE5243D Top Load Stacked...
Apr 07, 2017 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
Mar 18, 2009 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
May 26, 2008 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
Mar 19, 2008 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
May 23, 2007 | Whirlpool LTE5243D Top Load Stacked...
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!