Question about Dishwashers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
That sounds like the float switch is acting up. It is a mushroom looking device on the bottom that has a movable (up and down) plastic cup over the top. With the machine off, take the lower tray out and lift up on the cup--you should hear a faint 'click' when it nears the upper limit. It should also drop to the bottom when released. There may be food deposits that interfere with the proper movement of the cup. Are you using dish washer detergent only?
Posted on Aug 15, 2009
Lots of possibilities...
1. the sprayer arm might be sticking and not moving, or moving very little. Check to see if you can spin it by hand. Listen when the machine is running and you should hear the sound of the spray changing as it rotates. Check for items that might be jamming the arm like silverware, cups, jar labels, etc.
2. the little holes in the sprayer arms could be clogged. Need to remove the arms and clean them.
3. If it has a spray arm in the top rack, check to see that the piping for that is not broken or missing any pieces.
4. Any filter screens inside the plumbing could be clogged. This would slow down the spray and result in the dishes not getting rinsed properly. Check the inside of the machine for any foreign objects (see #3 above).
5. The machine might not be emptying between portions of the cycle. After the wash cycle, see if it is draining by either checking for water coming out of the drain hose or by opening the machine before it should start filling up for the rinse cycle.
6. Machine could be overloaded. Or loaded with extremely dirty dishes. Or with foods that are hard to clean like grits or oatmeal.
7. The machine could be improperly loaded. Bowls or platters blocking the spray. Tall objects like glasses and jars should not be loaded into the corners of the racks. The corners do no get a lot of spray and tall items can end up dirty.
Posted on Dec 22, 2009
SOURCE: My black LG 24 builtin
Check the door seal. To do this, make sure the door and the rubber gasket is complete dry. Apply a liberal amount of liquid detergent around the rubber gasket. Then close the door. Open the door and look for the liquid detergent to transfer onto the door. If there is a gap, then you will need to replace the door seal.
Posted on Jun 17, 2011
SOURCE: My Kenmore Elite dishwasher did
Yes , If the program controller has hung it would have skipped the drain cycle. So try to redo the cycle and see if the drain works, is not check the program controller and the drain valve/pump.- if there is food particles that have clogged and blocked.
Posted on Jul 26, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 29, 2014 | Frigidaire 24 in. PLD2560LCC Energy...
Jan 08, 2014 | Frigidaire Professional Series 24 in....
Mar 04, 2011 | Dishwashers
Feb 24, 2011 | GE Dryers
Aug 17, 2010 | Indesit 24 in. IDL500 Built-In Dishwasher
Nov 17, 2009 | Whirlpool 24 in. GU980SCG Built-in...
Nov 04, 2009 | Maytag MDB7100AWB Dishwasher
Jul 22, 2009 | LG 24 in. LDF 7811 Stainless Steel...
May 23, 2009 | LG 24 in. LDS 5811ST Stainless Steel...
Sep 12, 2007 | Dishwashers
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: