I clicked on the Memory button and then the caller ID volume down arrow. I went to an empty spot and clicked on Memory again. That brought up the option to enter a name. I typed in the name and the hit the memory button again. That brought up the option to enter the phone number and then click on memory again and the number is entered on the phone. That is how to put a name in your phone book on your phone.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Follow these instructions to add new contacts on your Nokia Lumia
On Start, swipe across and tap People.
Tap the New icon (+) at the bottom.
Tap Name to add First name, Surname, Title, Company name etc then tapSave.
Tap Phone to add a contact number and tap Phone number type to choose the type of number then tap Save.
If you wish to add further information such as an additional phone number or an email address, tap to add more details or press Save to store the contact to the People Hub.
1. In Idle mode, select Keypad and enter a phone number. 2. Select options ----> Add to Phonebook -----> New. 3. Select Phone or SIM. 4. Enter contact information. 5. Select Save to add the contact to memory.
check your phone memory limit may be it is full.
if it is still empty u need to reset all settingms of your cell phone to factory defaults.
Go to setttings then reset your celll phone.
but i think your cellular limit is over for save new contact check it .
Create contact (Menu 2.3)
Use this menu to add a new contact to Phonebook.
Storing a number in the phone’s memory
1. Select Phone.
2. Change the settings or enter information about the
• First name/Last name: assign a name.
• Mobile/Home/Office/Fax/Other: add a
number in any category.
You can change the number type, or set the
number as the default for the contact by
pressing <Options> and selecting Change
type or Mark as default number.
• Email: assign an e-mail address.
• Graphic ID: assign a caller ID image to alert you to a call from the person.
• Ringtone: assign a ringtone to alert you to a
call from the person.
• Group: assign the number to a caller group.
• Birthday: enter the person’s birthday.
• Notes: add a memo about the person.
3. Press <Save> or [ ] to save the contact.
Storing a number on the SIM card
1. Select SIM.
2. Select New or Update.
3. Enter information about the contact:
• Name: assign a name.
• Phone number: add a number.
• Location: assign a location number.
4. Press <Save> or [ ] to save the contact.
The store memory function is very similar to this phone in the EXA series phone made my Uniden.
See the instructions to store/delete/add numbers in the manual below on page 22.
hope this helps