Question about Maytag MER6872BAS Gemini Electric Kitchen Range
Several options on the touch pad control panel do not work. Some of the options and numbers work and others do not.
If several options on the control pad do not work, I'm afraid you probably have an electronic control board that has gone bad. They aren't serviceable and have to be replaced. They can be a bit pricey, however. Most, run over a $100 with some running over $300. A lot of it depends on options and model. If you decide to replace the control board, the overlay (plastic piece with all the numbers printed on it) usually does not come with it, either. You can reuse the old overlay by carefully peeling it off the old control board and reapplying it to the new one. The overlay can run as much $30-$40 as well depending on where you get it. I hope you find this helpful.
Posted on Jul 11, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2015 | KitchenAid KERI203PBS Electric Kitchen...
Oct 13, 2008 | Kenmore 46123 Stainless Steel Electric...
Jan 04, 2011 | Jenn-Air JGS9900BD Gas Kitchen Range
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 09, 2010 | Maytag MER5530 Electric Kitchen Range
Jan 18, 2010 | Whirlpool GR450 Electric Kitchen Range
Nov 13, 2009 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Oct 26, 2009 | Kitchen Ranges
Oct 07, 2009 | Maytag MER5775Q Electric Kitchen Range
Jun 26, 2009 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Aug 01, 2014 | Maytag MER6872BAS Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Jan 17, 2014 | Maytag MER6872BAS Gemini Electric Kitchen...
274 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: