When i turn on my laptop the power light blinks orange 4 times and back to green and repeats. with the battery out of the laptop it stops blinking. the changer will charge the battery when pluged in. so it blinks only when the battery is installed in the laptop on battery power or shore power.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it is orange or is blinking orange, the battery charge is low or expended. Remove the battery and re-install it. Plug in the AC adapter and connect it to an outlet. Turn on the computer.
When the battery status light blinks green and orange, the battery temperature is too hot for charging. Shut down the laptop, detach the AC adapter, and allow the laptop and battery to return to room temperature before attempting to charge the battery.
If the battery status light blinks orange rapidly, the battery itself may be defective.
My guess is that the battery is worn-out -- no longer accepting a charge, nor holding a charge. Replace the battery, or find a specialty business that "refurbishes" batteries (by opening the case, replacing the cells, and re-sealing the case).
SAome have a pad some have a small tray. This cancelled the warning and reset the printer for use.
Waste ink full reset These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma ip90 bought August 06:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
it looks like the battery is defective. try reseat the battery while the power cord plug in to see if that help. if you remove the battery and leave the power cord plug in, the battery symbol indicator light will turn off. Time to order a replacement battery.
I am facing a similar problem with 5160 and my power button will not power up the laptop. I presses the shift key, it got powered up (offcourse only fan started but the screen is black)
Try pressing shift key to power up.