Question about HP WLAN MultiPort W200 802.11b Wireless Adapter
My notebook Evo N620c XP pro, have a wireless land w200, this was working fine, know when I whent to using again said --no wireless network card present
SOURCE: compaq wireless lan w200
Here is the SP29156 that includes W200 drivers.
1. Delete the W200 in the device manager.
2. With the computer turned off, remove the W200 from the cover mounting( 1 screw).
3. Reboot with the W200 removed. Reinstall the Sp29156 Drivers to the system.
4. Reboot the system twice, with the W200 UNINSTALLED. Shutdown system.
5. Now replace the W200 in it's mounting area and secure with screw.
6. Now, reboot the system, it should again recognize PNP-new hardware and install itself with the correct IRQ's and drivers.
7. Save SP29156 in a safe place for use at a later date if needed.
8. Enjoy your now functional W200 module.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
SOURCE: w200 cause a blue screen
First of all: If you install SP2 you don't have to install SP1 over it. It already did. Secondly, don't install SP3, it destroys Windows XP.
Try reinsalling the PC with SP2, install the drivers and do nothing else, see if that helps.
If not, by all means post back here,
Posted on Jun 16, 2009
SOURCE: Wlan W200 connection problem
There is a solution to this, and you won't have to buy a new card. The folks at HP, however smart in their design of this laptop, have not properly updated the bug fix for the wlan w200 drivers. What you'll need to do is actually take back your network adapter driver all the way back to Version 1.0 revision C. I did this with an n610c that I got for free because it was BSOD'ing every time the wireless was turned on. For the most part the wireless can handle older routers and wlan areas, but will BSOD when within range of a wireless "N" adapter. Simply download the driver version 1.0c and you should have no more issues.
Tip: You can disable the card manually by pressing your "Fn + F2" keys, rather than trying to navigate your menus before getting the BSOD.
Posted on Oct 11, 2009
Anyone who has this problem: the problem is with the W200 driver that HPclaims you should use. Download this driver instead and your problems should be fixed:
Posted on Oct 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2011 | HP Compaq Evo n610c Notebook
Jun 13, 2010 | HP Compaq Evo n620c Notebook
May 14, 2010 | HP Compaq Evo n610c Notebook
Jun 24, 2009 | HP Compaq Evo n610c Notebook
May 18, 2009 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
Oct 07, 2008 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
Jul 01, 2008 | Compaq Evo N620c Notebook
Jun 21, 2008 | Compaq Wireless MultiPort W200 802.11b...
Feb 06, 2008 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
Dec 24, 2010 | HP WLAN MultiPort W200 802.11b Wireless...
250 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: