Question about Sony DVP-NS51P DVD Player
I have a sony DVPNSS1P dvd player and I havea samsung slim line new TV. Initially when I plugged the two I could hear and see NTSC dvds but got nothing out of my Pal DVDs. Now I moved the cables around the TV and managed to get both Pal and NTSC movies to show clearly (on component and not AV1 or AV2) but now no sound comes from either of them. Can you help?
Here is the sequence to unlock your DV Player. Clearly this needs to be done exactly to access the secret menu. So, you may want to copy and paste this info into a word program and then print it.
- Begin -
1. Turn off NS55P, leave TV on.
2. Using the original remote supplied with the NS55P, press these buttons in order: DISPLAY, TOP MENU, CLEAR, POWER.
3. NS55P will turn on, displaying the secret menu on the tv screen.
4. Select 2: Drive Manual Operation, then 4: Tray Aging Mode.
5. The screen then shows two input lines: Input Count and Current Count. Use the code 00030 on the first line. Pressing zero first will take you back to the original menu, so instead of trying to type 0-0-0-3-0, try something like 1-0-0-0-3-0 so the 1 in the front disappears after the last zero is entered.
6. Press ENTER on the remote. Disk tray will then open and close automatically 30 times. Let it do this until it finishes.
7. Repeat steps 4-6, but instead of using 00030 in the Input Count, use 00000. Press ENTER, and the NS55P is now capable of reading Region 2 dvds.
- End -
Please ask any questions using the comment box below.
Posted on Jul 07, 2008
To be able to select AV1, you have to first go into the setup menu and set the control set top box setting to OFF. I think you go to the menu >> setup >> features >> set top box control >> select OFF. Note that this has the side effect of erasing any previously stored timer settings.
Posted on May 28, 2009
SOURCE: Won't play ntsf dvds in colour
if your dvd is ntsc compatable then in your dvd settings menu change from Pal to either auto or ntsc also it might be that your tv needs to be changed in the same way
Posted on May 28, 2009
maybe the spindle motor is defective so it cannot read the disc. just bring that your dvd to sony service center to fix your dvd.
Posted on Jun 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2015 | Samsung BD-F5100 - Blu-ray disc player
Feb 06, 2011 | Samsung DVD-VR375 DVD Recorder/VCR
Oct 28, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 04, 2009 | Coby DVD-536
Jun 15, 2009 | Coby DVD-536
Mar 30, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-32S2000 32 in. LCD HDTV
101 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: