Question about Sony DVP-NS51P DVD Player
I have a sony DVPNSS1P dvd player and I havea samsung slim line new TV. Initially when I plugged the two I could hear and see NTSC dvds but got nothing out of my Pal DVDs. Now I moved the cables around the TV and managed to get both Pal and NTSC movies to show clearly (on component and not AV1 or AV2) but now no sound comes from either of them. Can you help?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Here is the sequence to unlock your DV Player. Clearly this needs to be done exactly to access the secret menu. So, you may want to copy and paste this info into a word program and then print it.
- Begin -
1. Turn off NS55P, leave TV on.
2. Using the original remote supplied with the NS55P, press these buttons in order: DISPLAY, TOP MENU, CLEAR, POWER.
3. NS55P will turn on, displaying the secret menu on the tv screen.
4. Select 2: Drive Manual Operation, then 4: Tray Aging Mode.
5. The screen then shows two input lines: Input Count and Current Count. Use the code 00030 on the first line. Pressing zero first will take you back to the original menu, so instead of trying to type 0-0-0-3-0, try something like 1-0-0-0-3-0 so the 1 in the front disappears after the last zero is entered.
6. Press ENTER on the remote. Disk tray will then open and close automatically 30 times. Let it do this until it finishes.
7. Repeat steps 4-6, but instead of using 00030 in the Input Count, use 00000. Press ENTER, and the NS55P is now capable of reading Region 2 dvds.
- End -
Please ask any questions using the comment box below.
Posted on Jul 07, 2008
To be able to select AV1, you have to first go into the setup menu and set the control set top box setting to OFF. I think you go to the menu >> setup >> features >> set top box control >> select OFF. Note that this has the side effect of erasing any previously stored timer settings.
Posted on May 28, 2009
SOURCE: Won't play ntsf dvds in colour
if your dvd is ntsc compatable then in your dvd settings menu change from Pal to either auto or ntsc also it might be that your tv needs to be changed in the same way
Posted on May 28, 2009
maybe the spindle motor is defective so it cannot read the disc. just bring that your dvd to sony service center to fix your dvd.
Posted on Jun 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2015 | Samsung Audio Players & Recorders
May 29, 2015 | Samsung BD-F5100 - Blu-ray disc player
Jun 27, 2012 | Televison & Video
Apr 17, 2010 | Sony DVP-NS575P DVD Player
Mar 04, 2010 | Samsung DVD-V90K Multisystem DVD/VCR
Apr 23, 2009 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
Oct 27, 2008 | Sony DVP-FX810 Portable DVD Player
Aug 31, 2008 | Sony DVP-NS50P DVD Player
May 03, 2008 | Televison & Video
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: