Question about Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Dear Sir, When I turn on my Archos 605 I can see white screen - after welcome screen - with title: "Recovery (code 108) Would you like to recover your system ? No Repair Disk Format Disk" I tried many times Repair Disk, Format Disk, install new firmware according to Archos procedure (Version 2.1.04 wich I downloaded from my account) and always after few secounds the process of updating was broken and I received screen like this: "Update update failed (code 206) press" Do you have any idea how to solve this problem and could you help me. Best Regards Roman Rozycki firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Archos 605 Recovery code 108
1. Download the latest firmware from Archos
2. Format the drive on your player
3. Connect the A605 to your computer using the USB lead
4. Copy the new firmware the A605's root folder (Drive X: on your PC or whatever letter was assigned to your Archos
5. Click ok and you are finished
Posted on Jul 03, 2008
SOURCE: Archos 605 Recovery code 108
In order to fix this issue, we are going to need to force the unit into a
recovery application. In order to do this please make sure that the unit is
completely shut off. When the unit is off, you are going to want to press and
hold the TV/LCD button and the power button at the same time until a recovery
code 101 pops onto the screen. As soon as you see this, let the buttons go.
Once you got this screen up, you are going to want to repair the operating
system by arrowing down and clicking repair. After this is done it is going
to ask you to connect your device to the computer and install an update file.
In order to do this, you are going to want to go to www.archos.com and go to
downloads. You are going to want to download the firmware for your unit.
After the firmware is saved to your desktop, plug the unit into the computer
and open up "My computer" and you should see the Archos in the list
Your going to want to copy the firmware onto the root directory and not in
any file folders. Once the firmware is on the Root directory, go ahead and
unplug the unit from the computer. It should still say Please plug your
device into the computer and install an update file. Click OK. After this is
done, it is going to tell you to please connect DC or USB in to continue with
the update. Go ahead and let the unit install and reboot. After this is
done, you should be able to use the unit properly. If the unit still does not
work properly, we are going to have to create an RMA for the Archos. If you
need anything else, Please feel free to contact us via Email or at
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
go to archos firmware and download version 2.1.04 to your pc or laptop and save it in a folder then get ur mp4 turn it on and go format you will get a screen that says done leave it on that and connect to your pc or laptop it will recognise your mp4 then go in my computer and open 405 and open your save file and drag the save file into the 405 but NOT into a folder below them and after it has\copied turn the 405 off and start it up should be as good as new
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
SOURCE: archos 605 wife (wife firmware)
If you chose any of these options already your Os is gone..
try this solution
I fixed my son's 605 4 GB had Recovery code (104) on it. This might work for other error codes too. These are the steps i followed
* Use the computer for this process that you always used for this archos Archos should be plugged in to Pc before starting the process.
* Download the firware Upgrade 2.1
* Plug the Archos to Pc
* When the white option screen comes up pick the format disk
* Wait until all done do not pick any option on archos after format is done Pc should recognize your archos in 5 seconds
* Put the firmware in root section of the archos not in any folder.
* Safely remove the usb for Archos from your pc first and then unplug the cable.
* Do not pick any option on the Archos screen
* Just turn it off from the power button by holding it until it turns off
* Wait about 5 minutes and plug it back to pc
* it will come up with white screen again but this time it will start Update you will see the progress bar moving, wait until it is all done, it will shut off. Turn it back on and your archos will be back to normal
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 04, 2010 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Sep 09, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Jul 29, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Jun 07, 2009 | Archos 605 Wifi Portable Multimedia Player
Mar 20, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Mar 19, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Oct 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 16, 2008 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Feb 18, 2008 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Jan 10, 2008 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!