- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you pick up your GE cordless phone and press a button, the phone should beep as a confirmation that a button has been pressed. If the telephone handset does not beep, or if it does not respond to any buttons, the battery may be in need of a recharge. Verify that the cordless phone base unit is plugged in to an electrical source, then place the handset into the charging cradle. If no lights illuminate on the phone, or if charging fails to correct the issue, clean the metal charging contacts on the cordless handset and place the phone back on the charger. If it still fails to respond or to charge, the unit may need to be serviced or replaced.
If the cordless phone charges up and appears to be ready for use but dies after only short periods of use, the internal rechargeable batteries may need to be replaced. Replacement batteries are widely available at electronics and discount retail stores. Note your phone's exact model number, as this number will be necessary when purchasing a replacement battery.
place the phone in the BASE for several seconds then try it. make sure it is the base and not a stand alone charger. if this does not correct it ensure you have the correct replacement battery for the phone. be aware the first time you charge it ... it has to be charged for at least 12 hours
It is searching for a signal because its signal is so weak it cannot find the base. If it cannot communicate with the base, there is no conversation.
New or not ... your battery is either faulty, prematurely dead or not charging. I am leaning toward not charging ... do you have it plugged into a hot outlet (not switch controlled)? Can you measure the power coming OUT of the transformer? Is there a charging light on the base unit that would indicate a charging condition?
Well, depending on how much you use the phone will determine how long the battery stays charged. However if you not using it enough to run the battery down, my first guess is that the "charger" is the culprit and not the battery. If you have a seperate charge cradle perhaps try to charge it in there.
I finally find a way to stop this problem from occuring : never leave your phone on the charger with the battery isnt empty !
I know this sucks because what best place to put your phone at night than its base. But try it and it will work (unless your battery is already damaged). In the morning when i go to work, I charge it for 8 hours, then when I come back, I take it off the charge until next morning.
That sounds like the battery is not charging properly. When in the charger there is enough voltage passing to power the handset, but when pulled off the charger it must rely on just the battery. I suspect you replaced your battery because you were having a problem, right? Your problem may be dirty charging contacts. Try taking a pencil eraser to your charging contacts on your handset and base. Try charging your handset again, and ensure your charge light comes on when doing so. Let it charge overnight. Hope that helps. CG
this is a battery prob replacing battery will solve this prob hope this solves your prob make sure the battery connectors are conected propery securely first before replacing if ok then replace batt and prob should be solved check then conectors are clean where the phone sits on base and check phone sit on base properly if it does then it is def the batt replace.