DVD drive locked up, will not open, says its in use.
I was attempting to do a power point and the program locked up. I was able to close the program but the DVD will not let go. Says the DVD is still in use, and will not open, but no programs are running???
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: DVD drive locked up, will not open, says its in use.
Have you tried just rebooting the unit? There is also a mechanical release on the DVD drive. With the unit powered off, unbend a paper clip, look for a small hole(about size of paper clip) in the front of your drive. Slide the clip in until you feel a solid stop and then gently apply pressure until you see the drive come open. You will have to pull the tray out the rest of the way, again gently. After removing the disk, you can gently push the tray back in, or as I prefer, let the unit close it when you power it back up. Let me know if this Fixya's
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and turn the player ON. Attempt to open the disc tray. Depending on the model number of your DVD player, simultaneously press the POWER + STOP + EJECT buttons. If the disc tray still does not open, simultaneously press the DISC1 + STOP + EJECT buttons.6 Jan 2013
I have the same problem kinda. Lost my master key and sent my ecu off with a home made 2 button key to program immobiliser. This key works to start the engin and drive but I cannot get the key to program with the alarm and locking system. You can try the following steps as may work for you.
I can get my car into programming mode after step 1 but step 2 does not work for me. The locks do not go off at all, not once or twice. Battery in remote key is fine as LCD lights red.
Can anyone help please?
Toyota celica 2000 - 2005 remote keyless entry programming guide STEP 1 1. Key out of the ignition. Open the drivers door , all other doors are closed . Driver door is unlocked
2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds a. Insert the key into the ignition ( do not turn it ) take key out b. Insert the key into the ignition ( do not turn it ) take key out
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds a. Close and then open the drivers door. b. Close and then open the drivers door. c. Insert the key into the ignition ( do not turn it ) and pull it out.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds a. Close and then open the drivers door. b. Close and then open the drivers door.
c. Close drivers door. d. Insert the key into the ignition and leave it in the ignition. Turn the ignition to on (as far as you can go without turning the engine over ), then back to off . e. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
STEP 2 (Does not work for me)
6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 2 seconds b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b as the remote was not accepted.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
Here are the
instructions for programming the 99-02 4Runner Keyless Entry
1. Start with the following conditions: you are in the vehicle
a. Key is out of the ignition
b. Drive door is open ( all other doors are closed)
c. Driver door is unlocked (other door
locks don't matter)
2. Insert the key into the ignition (don't turn it) and pull it out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Cycle the power locks 5 times. Use an even pace and try
to go relatively fast.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Cycle the power locks 5 times (same as before).
b. Turn the ignition to ON then back to OFF.
c. Turn the ignition to ON then back to OFF.
d. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should cycle (automatically)
indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1
if the locks do not cycle at this point.
6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter
simultaneously for 1 second.
b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons,
press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds.
Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle ( LOCK then
UNLOCK) once-- indicating successful programming. If
the door locks don't cycle, or cycle twice. Repeat steps
6a and 6b--this remote has not been accepted.
c. Repeat steps 6a and 6b for EACH transmitter that will
operate the vehicle. Including any old transmitters.
7. Close the driver door.
Hope this helps you, it did me greatly-- Good luck,
Try to open control panel then click add hardware. If you have entered the dialogue box, answer whatever is asked according to what you're searching. Then click whatever hardware your PC would like to detect then click finshed. After the detection, close the wizard box then try to open your DVD ROM and try it.
sounds like the drive lock is not seating properly, (gearing mismatch)
The drive tray lock is a peg on a round gear which locks into a groove on the underside of the tray (you can see it on the underside on the tray,
at some point this gear has "slipped" and now does not meet this groove and closes before hitting this groove, some manual manipulation of the drive tray can solve this but it is tricky
The easiest way is to "pop" the latch, which allows you to remove the drive tray completely This "latch" is usually a sprung toungue of plastic which normally prevents the removal of the tray, if this toungue is lifted the tray can continue on the gear train and can be completely removed, (the eject function will roll the gears forwards and backwards without the tray).
all you do then is to press eject (the mechanism gears will roll out) then you just insert the tray at the correct point (usually at full extend) to re-allign the tray lock (sometimes it takes a couple of attempts to get this right)