Question about AT&T Blackberry Curve 8300 Smartphone
Overnight my blackberry curve went into standby it wouldnt turn back on
i took the battery out it eventually turned on but it wont let me do anything when someone rang me it woudnt let me answer non of the keys i pressed worked it told me i had a missed call and messages but when i press the key nothing happened and then it went into standby again
Try this method
When your device fails to start, it show one of these symptoms:
1. Totally dead.
2. Trying to restart, LED activity only.
3. Failed to start, a white screen with an error message.
1. Physical damage, water is the worst enemy of delicate electronic device. Try drying it with a desiccant and replacing the battery. If there is no activity, you can still try the last ditch technique, nothing to loose anyway.
2. Your device is not able to start, something has gone wrong and the OS is corrupt.
3. Geeks call this an "Uncaught exception error". That is a polite way of saying, the last thread has terminated, the OS has halted because it is corrupt.
In many cases, the Application Loader can be used from Desktop Manager or Windows.
If that fails to connect, there is one final solution. Go Old Skool ...
The good news, starting from scratch, you will be back in service in a couple of hours.
Note: Windows 7 beta is not compatible with these instructions.
2. You need to install a BlackBerry OS file that is specific to your device. The original version, as supplied by the carrier, is the safe choice, but you can use any model specific version.
3. Once the OS has been installed, you have to prepare it for the device.
Select Start / Computer and select the Drive C: Icon.
Open Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / AppLoader.
Navigate to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.XML file.
4. You are now ready to restore your device. Verify that BlackBerry Desktop Manager is NOT running. Plug the device directly into the computer's USB port.
We are about to venture into the bowls of the beast. Windows is not suitable for this job, we are going to invoke the Command line interface with an option switch.
Windows XP: Start / Run... / Command
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2011 | AT&T Blackberry Curve 8300 Smartphone
Mar 14, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
Jan 26, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
Jul 14, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Aug 03, 2009 | AT&T Blackberry Curve 8300 Smartphone
Jun 02, 2009 | RIM Blackberry Curve 8300
Mar 11, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
Mar 07, 2009 | AT&T Blackberry Curve 8300 Smartphone
Dec 12, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
559 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: