- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To scan documents for editing and saving as PDF file, you will
need to install the Lexmark OCR scan software on your computer. The Lexmark
scan software (no downloadable version) is only available on the installation
disc that came with your printer. If you lost the disc, please contact Lexmark
Technical Support Center for assistance.
To install the OCR scan software from the printer installation CD:
Insert CD into the CD-ROM
drive. If the installation screen open, click Cancel.
Double-click on My Computer /
Right-click on Lexmark XXXX CD
and select Open.
Double-click on OCR.
Double-click on Setup.exe to
install the OCR software. Your operating system will then determine the
language in which it is installed.
use the CD that came with the printer.it has the full feature software that will enable the printing and scanning capability of the printer.
- insert the disk in the CD-ROM drive
- hit install
- reminder:do not plug in the USB cable yet unless you are prompted by the installer to do so
- after installing the software , make a test print to prove the functionality of the printer.
- then we move on to test the scanner
-there are two ways to make a scan:
1. click on the solution center icon on the desktop.
2. in the solution center , there are two buttons for scanning: scan pictures and scan document
3. scanned documents are saved under the MY SCANS folder.
file path is : my documents or simply documents---->MY SCANS
4.for scanned pictures file path is my pictures or simply pictures---->MY SCANS
Scanning a document to your computer may require the Lexmark OCR scan software which is only available in the installation disk. Try to contact Lexmark technical support to request for the installation disk. Thank you for choosing Lexmark.
Generally, the scan to field will designate the the type of program that you want to use to view/edit the document. An example would be microsoft word.
Once you scan the document to a program, you can then save it in any folder on your hard drive, including "My documents". However, if you chose to leave the scan to on "Scan to a File", the scan will automatically go to c://useraccountname/My Documents/my scans.
You can then go to my documents/my scans and move the scanned document to whatever location you would like on your hard drive.
If you have any additional questions about this information, feel free to contact my by replying to this message.
If you haven't done so, install the cd that comes with the HP Officejet package. Once correctly install, you should go to "All Programs" and locate "HP Solution Center" Click on HP Solution Center, click "Settings", click "Scan settings and preferences", choose either "scan document" or "scan picture" If word document then under File type: locate "PDF(*.pdf) If document is a picture then under File type: locate "JPEG image(*.jpg), click ok. Step 2 Choose between Scan Picture or Scan Document, click accept Step 3 your file is locate under "My scan" Hope that helps
Do you have any OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software installed? That is what you will need to extract the text information from the scanned document, which is simply a picture(photo) of your original.
Have a look here and decide yourself which solution suites you best. (I would always try the free version first...;-) It is also possible that your printer came with some kind of OCR software (often a scaled-down version of ReadIRIS) - check the CD's that came with your printer.
1) Install the Microsoft Office DocumentImaging feature by following the steps given below:
1) Go to Start -> Control Panel. 2) Click the Add or Remove Programs. 3) Select the Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 and click the Change button. 4) Click the Add or Remove Features and click on Next. 5) Select the Choose advanced customization of applications checkbox and click Next. 6) Click on the Office Tools -> Microsoft Office DocumentImaging -> Scanning, OCR and Indexing Service Filter. 7) Select Run all from My Computer, insert the Office installation CD, and the feature is installed.
The From Scanner or Camera option for scanning documents and pictures is not available in Microsoft Office Word 2007. Instead, you can use your scanner to scan the document, and then you can save the file to your computer.
After you scan the document, you can use Microsoft Office Document Imaging to create a version of the document that you can edit. Important The first step is to install Microsoft Office Document Imaging, which is not installed by default.