Question about Tomtom ONE 3rd Edition GPS
The screen on my TomTom one 3rd edition takes 20 minutes to "warm up." It starts with an all-white screen, and the image slowly appears from the top down, in horizontal lines until eventually it's all back. Functionality is not impaired, but there's no image to tell you what you're selecting.
Battery is stuffed, replace it. White lines is the early signs or the LCD is damaged and needs to be replaced.
Posted on Nov 06, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This worked, it took about 2 mins. and no more white screen.
Software problem I sure.
Posted on Jan 04, 2008
SOURCE: TomTom One 3rd edition error
I have just had the flashing X problem after updating my Tom Tom One for the first time. I went to the tomtom support http://www.tomtom.com/support/support.php?ID=2 and selected search by keyword. I typed in 'white cross' and found the solution. This involved deleting various files and installing a file called Applications from TomTom Home. So far it seems to have worked.
Posted on Feb 23, 2008
SOURCE: TomTom One 3rd edition error
Don't really know how BUT I seem to have solved the problem.
Let's first review the problem.
1) I downloaded from TomTom a recommended update.
2) The update screwed up half way through the installation.
3) End result. TomTom refused to get beyond the opening logo and the drum beat!
4) TomTom HOME did not recognise it as a device, ("No device connected") bottom right of screen.
5) Consequently it was impossible to "restore" the software using Tomtom HOME.
6) So contacted TomTom through their website and tried the online fixes, (hardware reset etc) with no result.
7) Filled in a support ticket on the site, the ultimate outcome being a request to return it for repair.
8) I asked for an estimate of the cast (having described the symtoms).They would not give me an estimate until they had seen it.
9) Scanned various forums (including Fixya), but could not find a solution.
10) Decided at that point that is was going to cost, either to get it repaired or buy another, so whatever I did wouldn't matter!
11) So borrowed a card reader to examine the SD card.
12) Windows told me it was not formatted!
13) Couldn't find a friend anywhere with a Western Europe Map on an SD card to try to copy.
14) I was sure I had backed up the Tomtom via TomTom HOME when I first bought it, but where did it store the backup?
15) Found a folder in "My Documents" called "TomTom"
16) Scanning through that folder structure I found a folder called "One".
17) In that folder was another folder called "Backup01"
18) So I formatted the SD Card (heart thumping!) then right clicked on the "Backup01" folder and "Send to" the G drive (the drive letter for the SD card in the card reader)
19) Things happened on screen and files moved across the screen.
20) Took the SD card out and pushed it into the TomTom. Switched on TomTom and behold it started to work!
21) Since then TomTom HOME has scanned the device and downloaded a number of updates. The only difference I can see between its previous performance and its current state is that some of the opening screens have changed and it no longer shows the briefcase screen when it switches off.
22) Will be testing it on a long journey shortly and hoping for the best. Will not guarentee that this will work for all people with a problem, but it has on my device. Good luck!
Posted on Apr 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2011 | Tomtom ONE 3rd Edition GPS
Aug 23, 2010 | Tomtom ONE 3rd Edition GPS
Apr 02, 2010 | Tomtom ONE 3rd Edition GPS
Mar 09, 2009 | Tomtom ONE 3rd Edition GPS
262 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: