Question about HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Recurring problem where it wont "officially" jam, but the first part of the paper crumples... comes out ok, but every copy after that takes about 10 minutes per page. the last time this happened it was like that for about 3 months then just started working one day. i need an answer asap
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2013 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Mar 25, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 AllInOne InkJet Printer
Nov 17, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 23, 2010 | HP DeskJet 6988 Printer
Jan 28, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 01, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!