Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
I just purchase the computer 1/22/09. Unable to install Monitor drive with sofeware provided. Please help!
I would like to inform you that if you are using HP PC, then there is no need to install the drivers from the disc provided with the monitor. HP PC already has in-built monitor drivers. The default account in Vista from first boot is an admin account, monitor should plug and play and the correct INF file will install for the monitor.
Still, if you want to install the drivers from the disc provided with the monitor, then please follow the steps given below:
== Disable UAC settings ==
You might get access denied error message while installing the monitor drivers.
The error message might come up if the UAC (User Access Control) in Microsoft Windows Vista is kept enabled, hence not allowing the installation.
To resolve the issue please follow the steps given below :
1. Click Start
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click User Accounts and Family Safety
4. Click User Accounts
5. Click Turn User Account Control On or Off
6. Uncheck the checkbox
7. Click OK
You will need to restart your computer for the change to take effect.
Now try to install the monitor drivers and check for the results.
If still the issue persists then :
Step 2 :
1. Click Start -> All Programs -> HP My Display -> Display Diagnostic Utility.
2. In the Display Diagnostic Utility click on “Clear Registry”. A Clean Reg Window would open, Click on “Yes”
3. On restart you will have “Other Devices” with “Generic Monitor” List under that same.
4. Continue the process of “Clean Registry” until you get “Other Devices” with “Generic Monitor” listed under that same.
5. Now insert the disc and install the drivers.
or Download the HP w2007 LCD Monitor Driver from the weblink provided below :
Now install the drivers.
6. Restart the computer.
7. This time it says "new hardware found with recommendation to install".
8. Cancel it.
9. Immediately, it gives option "Do not show the message again" and also says computer won't function if we select it.
Proceed by check marking it. You may be prompted to check mark it twice if prompted.
10. Restart the computer to check for the error message.
It will no more ask to install the monitor drivers.
Take your time, please try the steps and get back to us with the results.
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2014 | Nintendo DSi Matte Blue Console
Jun 12, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jun 09, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jun 16, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
May 27, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Feb 02, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 30, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Dec 07, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
318 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!