Question about Whirlpool GH7155XHS Microwave Oven
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sounds like you just fried your magnetron. Normally when they go bad, they make a very loud noise like what you described. The smell concerns me because you may have ruined the waveguide as well. If the magnetron burns through the protective painted surface of the waveguide, the waveguide is ruined. In most microwave ovens this means replacing the entire unit because the waveguide is not replaceable. Putting a new magnetron in a damaged waveguide will result in the same arcing and eventual failure. In addition to the magnetron, the following components are part of the same high voltage network: HV Transformer HV Diode HV Capacitor Magnetron Thermal Cut-Out Any one of these components could have also been damaged. I DO NOT recommend taking any voltage measurements inside the HV network. Potentials of over 4000 volts can be reached and make it very dangerous for the do-it-yourselfer. Taking resistance readings with the unit unplugged is strongly encouraged. If you decide to pursue a repair, inspect the magnetron tip and inside of the waveguide first. If the magnetron is melted and/or there are burn marks inside the waveguide, a new microwave may be a in order. This actually may be a better option than an expensive repair. I hope you find this advice helpful.
Posted on Jul 31, 2007
SOURCE: humming sound when off
I also have the same microwave model and with the same problem. It is not quite 2 years old. I have a service call scheduled but did e-mail customer service at Whirlpool to inform them of this. Sounds like it could be defective model and a fire hazard. You should also inform them of yours.
Posted on May 16, 2008
SOURCE: Re: microwave does not heat
Is very unlikely that there could be any other electrical failure since everything else seems to be working.
If you are able to fix it yourself then is way more cheaper just to buy the magnetron.
Click here to find the magnetron.
Before you do any work on this device, please click here to know how to discharge the high voltage capacitor and other safety concerns when working with devices that generate high voltages.
I would say is not worth it to spend more then $100.00 for a 5+ years old microwave.
Posted on Jul 16, 2008
When your microwave oven won't cook your food, and, you hear a loud buzzing sound, it’s normally caused by a faulty (a) diode (b) high-voltage capacitor (b) magnetron.
The diode would be the most likely culprit of the three components. It’s also by far the cheapest!
Posted on Sep 22, 2009
Testimonial: "Great prompt advice. Speed of reply was awesome. "
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Whirlpool Accuwave Microwave Oven
Mar 27, 2012 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens
Apr 02, 2011 | Frigidaire GLMV169D Microwave Oven
Mar 26, 2011 | Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven
Aug 18, 2010 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Jan 13, 2010 | Whirlpool MH1170XS Microwave Oven
Oct 07, 2009 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Aug 18, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
Jan 21, 2009 | Whirlpool MH6141XK Microwave Oven
Nov 11, 2007 | Whirlpool GH8155XJ Microwave Oven
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: