A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check your internet connection. Slow internet connection won't let you get on with YM. Also, try to configure your connection by going to Messenger tab > connection preferences > connect directly to the internet > choose your internet connection. Worked for me, try it.
1) Check whether if your windows is installing new updates, sometimes YM does crash when window is updating. If you are using Win7, then just go to:-->Control panel/ System & security/ Windows Update/ Change setting.In the setting panel, you will see " Important Updates " box selection. Change it to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download & install them". Restart your pc/laptop, then try log in to your YM. 2) *This step won't be necessary but won't do any harm too, go to:Control Panel --> System & Security --> System --> Advance System Settings.In the " Advance " tab, click "setting" at the " performance " column. Select " Data Execution Prevention ", select " Turn on DEP for all programs & services except those i select", Insert your YahooMessenger.exe(C:/Program Files/Yahoo!/Messenger/YahooMessenger) into the add list. Restart PC/laptop & try to log in to YM. 3) If those won't work, uninstall your current YM, restart your pc/laptop, then try installing a new one. Link :a)http://www.mydigitallife.info/yahoo-messenger-10-final-full-version-offline-standalone-setup-installer-download/b) http://www.geckoandfly.com/6309/download-yahoo-messenger-10-full-offline-installer-15-8mb/ ** If it still crash, then your internet connection might be the problem, & also, Yahoo! can be down sometimes too.
1) Uninstall your current YM, restart your pc/laptop, then try installing a new one. Link :a)http://www.mydigitallife.info/yahoo-messenger-10-final-full-version-offline-standalone-setup-installer-download/b) http://www.geckoandfly.com/6309/download-yahoo-messenger-10-full-offline-installer-15-8mb/ 2) If it does not work, check whether if your windows is installing new updates, sometimes YM does crash when window is updating. If you are using Win7, then just go to: --> Control panel/ System & security/ Windows Update/ Change setting In the setting panel, you will see " Important Updates " box selection. Change it to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download & install them". Restart your pc/laptop, then try log in to your YM. 3) *This step won't be necessary but won't do any harm too, go to Control Panel --> System & Security --> System --> Advance System Settings. In the " Advance " tab, click "setting" at the " performance " column. Select " Data Execution Prevention ", select " Turn on DEP for all programs & services except those i select", insert your YahooMessenger.exe (C:/Program Files/Yahoo!/Messenger/YahooMessenger) into the add list. Restart PC/laptop & try to log in to YM. ** If it still crash, then your internet connection might be the problem, & also, Yahoo! can be down sometimes too.
Sure. I know what you look for. The apps name is 'MSN Messenger Button'.For MSN / Windows Live Messenger users, this application lets them add an MSN Messenger Button to their Facebook profile page. It allows contacts to add users to their MSN Messenger contacts. It also lets users find out who among their Facebook friends are using MSN Messenger and allows them to be added as contacts. In addition, this application also lets users chat with MSN Messenger friends right on their Facebook profile.
Open Windows Live Messenger window (sign into Messenger if you
haven’t do so).
Press Alt key to reveal menu bar, then click on Tools
and select Options. It’s also possible to click on Show
menu icon after the “Search contacts or the web” box.
Alternatively, click on the logged on contact’s name on the top of
the Messenger client window, and select Options.
Select General (earlier version of WLM) or
Sign In (current latest version of WLM) on the left
Deselect and uncheck the Automatically run Windows Live
Messenger when I log on to Windows check box.
Windows Live Messenger will not start itself automatically from next
system boot up. User will need to start the program manually from Start
What I would do is go to control panel and click on the firewall and see if it is stopping you. If that does not work I would contact the Live IT sipport and see if it is on their end. Thank you for using Fixya
This is what MS told me to do..but did not work. Finally they told me to use 8.5. Try if it helps you. Messenger Connectivity Log & Contacts Log A. Delete the old log files. Right-click
the Start button and then click Explore. In the window that opens,
click Folder Options on the Tools menu. Click the View tab, and then
make sure that Show Hidden files and folders option is selected. 1. Click Start, click Run, type %userprofile%\Local Settings\, and then click OK. 2. Double-click the Application Data folder, double-click Microsoft, and then double-click Messenger. 3. In the Messenger folder, look for the MsnMsgr.txt file and delete it. Note: If
you get an error stating that you cannot delete MsnMsgr, please make
sure that Windows Live Messenger is not running on the background. To
check this, open the Task Manager window and check whether the msnmsgr.exe is running on Processes.If it is, select the application and click End Process. If you are prompted, click Yes. To open the Task Manager: Click Start and then Run. Type taskmgr.exe and click OK. 4. If you don't see the MsnMsgr.txt file, please proceed to step B to enable the connection logging. B. Turn on connection logging if the feature is not yet enabled. 1. Start Windows Live Messenger but do not sign in. 2. On the Tools menu, click Options. 3. In the left navigation bar, click Connection. 4. Click Advanced Settings. 5. Under Connection Logging, make sure that the Save a log of my server connections to help troubleshoot connection problems check box is selected. 6. Click OK. C.
Try to sign in to Windows Live Messenger again to replicate the error
or issue being encountered with the service. A new connectivity log
file, MSNMsgr.txt, is created the moment a sign in attempt to the
service is made. When errors or issues are encountered, the connection
logging feature will capture their logs. D. Access the newly generated MsnMSgr.txt by following the steps in step A. Please look also for the ContactsLog.txt file. Please attach the files on your e-mail response to us. Copy of the Windows Live Contacts folder The Windows Live Contacts folder can be accessed on this path: C:\Documents and Settings\ Your Windows logon name \Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts Note: Windows Logon name is the logon name that you use to sign in to Windows. Right-click the Windows Live Contacts, select Send To, and then select Compressed (zipped) Folder.
A compressed file is created in the same folder. Please upload the file
to Windows Live SkyDrive and we will retrieve the file from there. To access Windows Live SkyDrive, please do these:
Click Add files and locate the zipped Windows Live Contacts folder. Upload it.
Once the file is successfully uploaded, please send us the URL or link on your e-mail response so we can download it.
we are working on this issue, we suggest that you temporarily use the
earlier version of Windows Live Messenger (v8.5) so you can continue to
communicate with your friends. Please note that to be able to install
the previous version, you need to uninstall all the Windows Live
Essentials programs (i.e. version 2009 of Messenger, Mail, Photo Gallery, etc.). 1. Exit Windows Live Messenger. 2. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter 3. On the Add or Remove Programs window, click on Windows Live Essentials, and then click Uninstall/Change 4. Select Uninstall, click Continue. 5. Under Select the programs you want to uninstall, check all the Windows Live programs shown and then click Continue. Windows Live Messenger 8.5 can be downloaded from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7a1aae73-48cc-4f7a-b445-0487bd5e84ef&displaylang=en