Question about Computers & Internet
Spelt user name wrong
1. From an account with administrative privileges, go to Control
Panel>User Accounts and create the new Standard user account named
the way you want and at least one extra Administrator account. Call the
latter "CompAdmin" or "Tech" or the like.
2. Log into the new Standard user account once so the profile files/folders are created and then log into CompAdmin.
3. Now go to Control Panel>System>Advanced>User Profiles>Settings
4. You will see where you can copy user accounts. Copy the old account to the new one from there. Use the Browse to select your new account (C:\Users\newaccount).
5. Log into the new correctly named account and make sure all your stuff is there and that it works the way you want. When you are satisfied, you can log out and into CompAdmin and delete the old user account from Control Panel>User Accounts.
Posted on Jan 15, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2014 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Feb 12, 2014 | Lands Phones
Feb 03, 2013 | Wine & Spirits
Mar 17, 2012 | Vauxhall Astra Cars & Trucks
Dec 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 03, 2009 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 29, 2009 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!