Question about Danze Fairmont Double Handle Roman Tub Faucet with Valve and Lever Handles

2 Answers

Danz cartridge removal

I have a problem with a danz nsf 61/9. A bunch of small gold colored beads started coming out in my fixtures throughout the house. I determined after shutting off the water softner that it was the root of that problem.
However now my kitchen tap will not pass water very quickly. I removed the screens to clean them and even with them removed the water is extremely slow.
I think I need to change the cartridge but I can't figure out how to remove it.
There is a set screw behind the hot cold symbol which I removed but the handle will not come off.
Can you help me figure out how to get to the cartridge

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 50 Answers

Loosening the set screw behind the small plastic hot/cold plug will allow you to lift the handle straight up. You may need to jiggle it a little bit or twist it, just pull straight up with the faucet handle down and centered. Once the handle comes off, Then the collar should thread off exposing the inner workings of the faucet. You should then be able to unthread a bunch more components and washers until the cartridge top is exposed (depends somewhat on whether it is a pullout hose or seperate sprayer...not sure exactly what model you have but this is the standard for a single handle kitchen faucet...)

Here is a link to a page that shows how your (hopefully your) faucet goes together... also includes the re-order info for cartridge (#8)...[1].pdf

I would also check the supply stops to make sure they are not clogged, because it is definetly a sediment problem.

Posted on Feb 09, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

Goog answer triprea, have to agree with the sediment problem. My dad had a very similar issue and the sediment had clogged up most of the faucets in the house. I dipped the aerators from my faucets in vinegar for about an hour and it helped clean them up.

Of course Danze facuets are just as prone to clog from this problem as Moen & Delta, so it's at least not the manufacturers problem.

Posted on Apr 29, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Danze upc NSF 61/9 single lever faucet w/spray in head

I am in England and cannot buy a replacement nut. We lost the original one.where can I buy one? They don't do the right size in England!

Jan 23, 2012 | Danze Faucets

1 Answer

Water is dripping out the back of the the Danza 61/9 kitchen faucet

Just in case you need to do so.
  1. Turn the water off. The water control knob is located under your sink and is connected to the drain. Turn it counterclockwise to turn off the water.

  2. 2

    Open the faucet to relieve any differences in pressure. Pull up on the faucet as you would if you were turning it on.

  3. 3

    Plug the drain of the sink with its stopper to prevent any parts from going down it.

  4. 4

    Turn the faucet handle sharply to one side to reveal a small cover plate. Pry the plate off carefully with a flat-bladed screwdriver.

  5. 5

    Unscrew the screw that is located behind the cover plate with a 4 mm allen key.

  6. 6

    Lift the handle off and remove the cap beneath it.

  7. 7

    Firmly grip the exposed cartridge with your hands and pull up to remove it.

Read more: How to Remove the Cartridge from a Danze D403412 ' I your case I think all you need are new o-ring seals on the spout. once you have the handle off and have gotten to the cartage grab the spout and turn back and forth while pulling up and remove the spout you will see the o-rings. I would get the repair kit before you start. The video below is not your brand faucet but the o-ring replacement is about the same.

Feb 05, 2011 | Danze D403412 Melrose Single Handle...

1 Answer

Bought a home, main kitchen faucet is a Danze NSF

I'm not familiar with a NSF 61/9, but I've used several other models. I believe these are all ceramic disc valve. They almost never wear out. If you remove the handle and the trim cap or bonnet, there should be a nut or adjusting ring you can tighten. Don't over do it. The handle give you quite a bit more leverage than the small tap when it is removed. Here is Danze web site and you can look up your exact model number and see a exploded parts list:

Jul 12, 2010 | Danze Faucets

2 Answers

My Danze NSF 61 9 makes a loud howling noise ant almost any level of water flow. I have tried to adjust the water preasure but it does not help. Any ideas?

Brand new ours did not have this problem. It does now and I think the reason is the seam in the chrome over the handle is cracked and pressure leaks out causing the noise. It's now bad enough that it leaks also. Glue fixed both problems temporarly but its doing it again so I'm looking for a replacement. That's how I came across this post.

Jan 02, 2010 | Faucets

1 Answer

How do I remove the handle to check the Cartridge on a Danze D307456 Bannockburn Widespread Double Handle

You need to hold handle lever and unscrew the bottom escuteon plate you may need a small strap wrench it will turn counter clockwise. On some older models there was a set screw on the handle which you would use an allen wrench

Nov 13, 2009 | Danze D307456 Bannockburn Widespread...

1 Answer

Looking for parts breakdown picture for DANZE NSF 61 Kitchen Faucet Any Links?

NSF 61(-9) is a standard rather than the model number (it's often very difficult to identify the model number. If you are able to find the model number, the link attached has all the technical specs for Danze products (even discontinued ones).

Otherwise, I suggest browsing their faucet section until you find yours.

Good luck.

Sep 13, 2009 | Faucets

2 Answers

Slow running tap

If you have recently turned off your water supply you may have disturbed some sediment in the water lines causing this problem.....Unscrew the airator at the end of the faucet and there is a screen inside( take note how this screen is in place). This should give you water pressure back!

Dec 18, 2008 | Faucets

Not finding what you are looking for?
Danze Fairmont Double Handle Roman Tub Faucet with Valve and Lever Handles Logo

1,393 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Danze Faucets Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

7183 Answers


Level 2 Expert

128 Answers

Gil Shultz

Level 3 Expert

3250 Answers

Are you a Danze Faucet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides