Question about Hitachi 46F500 46" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
Go to Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, Sears, Best Buy, or any store like that make sure you have your make and model written down with you and go get a universal remote they can run anywhere from $15 to $100. Just make sure the model of remote you buy works with your television set. The instructions are usually pretty easy and involve punching in a code - I recommend once you figure out the code you highlight it in the instructions and write it down on a small piece of paper and use scotch tape to secure it to the inside of the battery cover so you have it when you change the batteries.
Posted on Jan 14, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. The SL-TiVo remote can be programmed to control the TV and one other A/V device using these steps:
1) From TiVo Central, select Settings & Messages > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Remote Control.
2) Highlight Part 1: TV power, volume, and mute and press SELECT.
3) The DVR displays a list of television brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your TV brand and then press SELECT.
4) The TV Remote Codes screen appears. Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the TV.
5) If also programming to control volume & mute on an A/V receiver for surround sound; Highlight Part 2: A/V volume and mute and press SELECT.
6) The DVR displays a list of audio/video receiver brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your receiver brand and then press SELECT.
7) The AV Remote Codes screen appears.
Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the receiver.
The TiVo remote will now turn the TV on/off and switch inputs and adjust the volume and mute the audio on the receiver.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
Nov 23, 2012 | Televison & Video
Feb 26, 2012 | Toshiba 32A35 32" TV
Apr 14, 2011 | Emerson EWF2004 20" TV
Sep 17, 2010 | Durabrand DWT1905 TV
Apr 22, 2010 | Denon AVR-1907 Receiver
Feb 06, 2010 | Symphonic WF20D4 TV
Jan 02, 2010 | Emerson Televison & Video
Apr 04, 2009 | Gateway Televison & Video
Mar 13, 2008 | RCA RCR460 Remote Control
Jan 11, 2008 | Televison & Video
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: