Question about Canon PowerShot S2 IS Digital Camera
Everything is working ok except the above
I have the same problem with my flawless-up-until-today S2-IS. I read in another link the problem is related to moisture causing the iris to stick, requiring a forced reboot. This worked for me, but after putting away the camera for a few days the prblem returned and needed the trick again.
When you turn on the camera and are able to see menus but the image displays are dark, try the following:
1. Place the program selector to "Tv" setting
2. Press the self-timer selector (twice) until you see the timer icon on the screen
3. Press the shutter button to take a photo; the self-timer begins to beep a countdown
4. Open the battery cover BEFORE the timer runs out.
5. After a second, close the battery cover and the camera will power cycle automoatically.
6. The displays should return to normal.
You may have to repeat this a few times to get it to work. Good luck.
Posted on Feb 22, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2014 | Canon PowerShot SD800 IS / IXUS 850 IS...
Sep 28, 2010 | Bushnell 3" Reflector Telescope w/Talking...
Jun 19, 2009 | Fuji FinePix S5000 Digital Camera
Apr 14, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP510 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 10, 2009 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S40 Digital Camera
Apr 04, 2009 | Canon PowerShot S2 IS Digital Camera
Aug 20, 2008 | Kodak Cameras
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!