Question about Pioneer VSX-917V-K Receiver

Open Question

Pioneer receiver overheating

Overheating

Posted by Anonymous on

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Pioneer VSX830K FL OFF blinks display shows AMP OVERHEAT.


You need to determine what is overheating. For example if it uses a fan is that working? It it blocked with dust.
Operating the unit with the top cover off will quickly tell you which part is overheating. You can wait till it shuts down, then carefully, with it now unplugged, search for the hot parts. If you find only one overheating on it's own replace it.
Don't burn yourself!

May 18, 2017 | Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Pioneer VSX-821-K receiver overheating


If you can obtain an ohm meter, check the speakers by touching the leads to the meter and see what it says. The meter should be set to measure < 1 kohm. If it shows lower than 4 ohms you have a bad speaker. If you have multiple speakers on one channel then it cannot handle the drop in resistance and it is overheating.

Jan 27, 2014 | Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I own a Pioneer Elite SC-55 receiver, and suddenly, apparently without any reason , a blue light satart to blink, and when you try to turn it on a message that says " AMP OVERHEATING" appears and the


Two possible problems. A short somewhere in the speaker lines where a wire has come loose and is contacting another lead or wire, or possibly (less likely) one of the unused outputs (front height/wide, surround back) might have become active and are trying to output signal. The "AMP OVERHEATING" alert typically only activates when a short, DC fault, overheating due to excessive loads or impedance levels is present.

Feb 13, 2013 | Pioneer Elite SC-55 9-CH Class D Receiver

1 Answer

Ax4axi overheated and tripped out


Mine was Sony TA-AX4 (before), it also overheated.

I just let it cool down, and works again.


But on the second time, it didn't. I have repaired the SMPS

and replaced output transistors.


And added a blower on it.


yours could be the same.most likely.

Sep 09, 2012 | Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I have a pioneer vsx 2016. I'm facing an overheating problems on the AV. Just switch on the AV for 10 minutes and the overheat messag will appear on AV screen and the device will shut of.


http://audio.manualsonline.com/search.html?q=vsx2016

Does it indicate a problem with the fan? (Page 67)


FAN STOP

blinks in the display, then the power automatically switches off.


• Something is obstructing the fan. Remove the obstruction and try switching the receiver back on. If the

fan is still not working, or you can't remove the object, unplug the receiver from the wall and call a Pioneer

authorized independent service company.

• The fan is malfunctioning. Unplug the receiver from the wall and call a Pioneer authorized independent
service company.

Check for dust balls in and around it. Disconenct power before exploring inside.

Feb 07, 2011 | Pioneer VSX-2016 7.1 Channels Receiver

1 Answer

HDMI Video/Audio cut after 10min playback


if its overheating you might have to replace the reciever

May 08, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V661 Receiver

3 Answers

Pioneer VSX-01 TXH receiver turns off


Sounds like the speaker circuit is overloading or the receiver is overheating.

Check to make sure all speakers are in phase. Pos to Pos. Neg to Neg.

Make sure receiver has plenty of cooling room.

Hope this helps.

Apr 16, 2010 | Pioneer EliteĀ® VSX-01TXH 7.1 Channels...

1 Answer

Why does the receiver turn off and say overloaded?


Bad output IC. May have been caused by; overheating, shorted speaker wires, bad speaker, power surge or a bad connection has occured internally in the receiver.

Feb 14, 2010 | Pioneer VSX-D412 Receiver

2 Answers

Pioneer power LED is Blinking


If that didn't work, with the power off try holding Tune + and Auto surround/stream direct buttons for a few seconds to reset the protection circuits. Make sure to keep 8" of empty space above the unit for air, as overheating can cause this problem. If it fails again, there could be bigger problems, so get it checked

Mar 29, 2009 | Pioneer VSX-918V Receiver

1 Answer

My sx-315 pioneer receiver overheated and shut down.


Probably the thermal fuse in the main power transformer. Check for ac on both the primary and secondary of the transformer. If you have 120v ac on the primary when the standby light is off and nothing on the secondary you need a new transformer.

Feb 08, 2009 | Pioneer SX-315

Not finding what you are looking for?
Pioneer VSX-917V-K Receiver Logo

Related Topics:

51 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Pioneer Audio Players & Recorders Experts

 Grubhead
Grubhead

Level 3 Expert

5190 Answers

John
John

Level 2 Expert

509 Answers

T-Comtech Repairs
T-Comtech Repairs

Level 2 Expert

417 Answers

Are you a Pioneer Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...