1. Turn the player off. Hold the power button down for 20 seconds to
make sure it shuts down then put the "Hold" switch ON. The Hold switch
is located at the top part of the mp3 player.
. Now hold the "Record" button while you connect it to the
computer. Keep holding it until it finishes installing the new device.
After doing this, let us try updating your firmware. To do this, please
disconnect the player from the computer if it is connected. Copy and
paste the following link into your web browser address bar and then
click Go or hit your Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to
Save the file to your Desktop.
http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/Downl (Downloadable File)
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions:
1. Double click on "My Computer" so that you can see it on your screen.
2. Turn the player off.
3. On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.
4. On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and
hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding
the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB
FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5. Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all
of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it
asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is
done, click Finish.
6. Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock
, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7. Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh
Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you
do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take
up to 3 times for it to work.
8. After successfully applying the firmware update, download the Sansa Firmware Updater
from our website www.sandisk.com.
9. Go to Products/MP3 Players/SanDisk Sansa e200 Series MP3 Players
10. On the next page Click on Firmware Update in the Additional Product Info box on the right,
11. On the Sansa Firmware Updater page Click on Download Sansa Firmware Updater choosing the option to save it to your desktop.
12. Locate the file on your desktop and Double+Click to run the install
and follow the onscreen prompts to update the firmware to the latest
You can check your firmware version on the player by selecting "Settings" from the main Menu and then "Info"