How to format my nokia 9300i
This process erases from your Nokia 9300 all of your user data and settings, including your phone book, calendar, email, downloads, recordings, and certain factory installed programs such as Instant Messaging and BlackBerry Connect.
REMEMBER: Create a device data backup or synchronization before formatting.
You can restore device data and settings later. See the Nokia 9300 User Guide for further instructions.
STEP 1 - Format the Nokia 9300 memory
* Remove the battery for 10 seconds
* Replace the battery
* Open the Nokia 9300 to view the inside display
* When you see the screen with "NOKIA" in blue text,
* Press and hold the following four keys until a Format Message is displayed:
CRTL + Shift + F
* Confirm the process by selecting Format
* Formatting will begin
* After formatting is complete the Nokia 9300 will reboot with some basic settings. If prompted, accept the request to reboot
* Follow the instructions on your Nokia 9300 to set the time, date and city and to enter your contact information.
STEP 2 - Download the install-cingular-default-603.SIS to a compatible PC.
STEP 3 - Prepare a Multimedia Memory Card (MMC)1
* Transfer the .sis file from your PC to your device using MMC, data cable, Bluetooth or infrared. For instructions see the Nokia 9300 User Guide.
STEP 4 - Install the file install-cingular-default-603.SIS to your Nokia 93002
Note: This step is required to install Cingular specific settings and programs to your Nokia 9300.
* Insert the Multimeda Memory Card created in Step 2 to your Nokia 9300.
* Replace the battery cover (so the Nokia 9300 can read the MMC)
* Open your device, then open the File Manager:
Press the Desk application key
Scroll to and select Office
Scroll to and open File Manager
* Using the arrow keys, scroll to Memory Card
* Highlight the file install-cingular-default-603.SIS
* Press Open to start the installation process
* Follow and accept all prompts and requests
* Reformatting is now complete
(1) You may choose to install the file above using Nokia PC Suite. Please see the Nokia 9300 User Guide for general instructions to install software using Nokia PC Suite, and follow those instructions instead of Step 4 above.
(2) CAUTION: The .sis file above is ONLY intended for use with a Nokia 9300 with the appropriate software version. DO NOT install this file to a Nokia 9300 with any other software version. DO NOT install this file to any other model device.
Oct 14, 2010 |
Nokia 9300i Cellular Phone