Question about Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
Just bought new print, have refilled cartridge no problem, but don't know how to reset the ink counter. Have looked for answer, but have not seen one specifically for the mp260. Any ideas very gratefully received - with many thanks
8 error code just means that the ink absorber is full and needs to be
replaced. Power cycling will not help this problem. You need to
replace the absorber and reset the counter
Posted on Sep 24, 2010
Reset CANON MP 160 INKTANK
1. unplug the power cord
2. press and hold down the <ON/OFF> button and reconnect the power cord
3. press the <STOP/RESET> button 2 times and then release the <ON/OFF> button
4. Display LED show "0" press the <+> button 1 time Display LED show "1"
5. press the <Start Color > button 2 times and then press the <ON/OFF> button waitng for testing out 2 pages
6. Open the cover. The carriage that holds the ink will move to the left hand side. and then unplug the power to the printer
7. Push down on the end of the black cartridge. A clicking noise will be heard.
8. Slide the cartridge out of the holder towards you.
9. Push down on the end of the color cartridge. A clicking noise will be heard.
10. Slide the cartridge out of the holder towards you.
11. Once both cartridges are removed, unplug the power to the printer (without turning it off).
12. Reconnect the power cord.
13. Turn on the printer.
14. Open the cover. The carriage that holds the ink will move to the left hand side.
15. Place the black cartridge in the bottom of the printer.
16. Slide the black cartridge back until is cannot go back any further.
17. Push up on the end of the black cartridge, a clicking noise should
18. Place the color cartridge in the bottom of the printer.
19 Slide the color cartridge back until is cannot go back any further.
20. Push up on the end of the color cartridge, a clicking noise should
Ya! YA! NEW
Posted on Jan 17, 2008
SOURCE: reset Ink levels for canon mx310
You could just turn the ink refill monitor off.
Open the Windows Start menu, open the "Canon Utilities" folder, open the "My Printer" folder, open "My Printer", click on "Printer Status", go to the "Options" menu, unselect "Enable Status Monitor".
You should be able to tell when your ink is low, because the color will fade.
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
You can't reset the counter of any Canon Pixma cartridges.You should be to turn off the function on printer for showing the ink level.In most printers this happen with press and hold for 5 seconds the resume button.
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
Welcome to the world of Canon. Simply put, the PG-210 CL-211 cartridges have what I like to call "digital fuses" built in. One fuse for "new" and one for "empty". When you install a new Canon cartridge both "digital fuses" are intact. The "new" fuse tells the printer that it is a new genuine Canon cartridge and resets the page counter internal to the printer. With the page counter reset, the printer "blows" the "digital fuse" and that cartridge enters the used state. When the page counter on the printer believes the cartridge to be completely empty it will "blow" the second "digital fuse" and the printer will from then on refuse to recognize it as a valid cartridge. Some claim to have ways around this, but Canon really has won this battle. My Cartridge World store does not refill these cartridges and does not recommend refilling them. Buying original Canon cartridges is what we recommend.
Posted on Jun 14, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2017 | GE Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 10, 2017 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 05, 2016 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 13, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 07, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 17, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 20, 2007 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 18, 2017 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
1,830 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: