Question about Pantech C300 Cellular Phone

1 Answer



Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 201 Answers

How wet did it get? Was it submerged? The backlight would normally shut off after a short idle period or when you close the cover. If it is staying on all the time after water damage then there is still water in a component (like a capacitor) or corrosion that has opened or shorted a circuit path somewhere confusing the phone. There is a good chance that corrosion will become worse and do more damage. New problems could arise any time in the next few days or few years. If this were my phone I would disassemble it and clean it with rubbing alcohol, toothbrush, and air duster but there is some risk even for someone experienced. Also, microphones can be damaged by fluids including rubbing alcohol.

Posted on Jul 08, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

2 Answers

I have one maxwest cellphone it's damaged by water, can it fix it?

Open the phone and remove the battery. Dab all internal surfaces with paper towel to remove as much moister as possible. Then use a hair dryer on medium heat to gently dry the phone completely. Make sure the battery is dry as well. Leave the phone open for a further half hour after drying and then put the battery back in and close the case. Switch on the phone, good luck.

Dec 30, 2014 | Cell Phones

1 Answer


You can put it in rice, the rice will drain the water out this is how (1) Remove it from the water immediately. (2) Turn the iPhone off. (3) Dry it off with a towel (4) Grab a bowl and fill it with uncooked rice or you can also put your phone in with a bunch of silica packets. (4) Put the phone in the bowl of rice and cover it up. The purpose of this is to draw moisture out of the phone as quickly as possible. You can also let it air dry, however the above methods will work faster. NOTE: Do not dry it off with a blow dryer as this could melt the circuit board and other parts. Leave your phone in the rice for at least 24 hours and preferably 48 hours. Hopefully, after 24 -48 hours the phone will have dried out, the logic board wasn't damaged, and hopefully you can turn your phone on and it will work. If not, your next option is to see if it can be repaired without costing you an arm and a leg.

Apr 23, 2013 | Apple iPhone 4 Black Smartphone

1 Answer

My phone got wet

What you need is a way to dry out the inside of your phone. It may take several days or a week and then it still might not work.
I'd remove the battery, your network card and Sim card if you have one. Then place your phone in a bowl of white rice. With the phone completely covered by rice set it in a dry area, you might even want to place it where the sun can shine on the rice further helping the drying process.
If this doesn't work, I'd try blowing it out with a hair dryer set with the Heat OFF. Then try returning it to the rice bowl.
Good luck.

Nov 24, 2011 | LG Cell Phones

1 Answer

My Samsung mobile is dead after it slipped and fell momentarily in water. What could be the possible cause ???

do not turn it on while it's wet. place the phone in a bowl of rice which should **** out all of the moisture after leaving it there for a few hours. wipe off any additional moisture u can as well. then attempt to restart the phone.

Aug 16, 2011 | Samsung Star GT-S5233 Cell Phone

1 Answer

I wet my iphone and now the home button doesnt work and a message keeps popping up saying this accessory is not opitimizes for this iphone? Any ideas?

This will take a bit of patience but you should turn the phone, remove the battery and shake the phone for a few minutes to remove whatever water can be removed. Now put the phone is a bowl and cover it with rice. Let it sit in the bowl for 12 hours and then try to turn it on... it should be fine at this point. If you still have the problem return it to the bowl, cover it with rice and try again in 8 hour increments.
If this solution was helpful please rate/vote for me.

Mar 01, 2011 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

I washed my LG phone in the washing machine, what can I do?


The first step is to leave your phone alone! DO NOT try to turn your wet cell phone on. Turning on your wet phone can permanently damage the circuitry.

Next step is find a bag of rice, preferably white. White rice can absorbs the most water. Ensure that you have enough bag of rice to completely submerge your wet cell phone.

Now, place your wet cell phone into the bag of rice. Place the phone in the middle of the bag so that you can no longer see your wet cell phone.

Next, place your bag of rice in a dry and warm place. I left my bag of rice in the back of my car on a hot day.

Leave your bag of rice to sit for several hours. I left my bag of rice in the back of my car for 8 hours. After time has elapsed, you can finally pull out your cell phone and try to turn on your phone.

Good luck!

Jun 06, 2010 | LG Dare VX9700 Cell Phone

1 Answer

My Kyocera Xtc got wet.

Hi, so long its is dry you can put it back but if its not dry still wait awhile..

May 19, 2010 | Kyocera X-tc Cell Phone

1 Answer

My phone got wet and there is a large question mark on the screen...will it work again if i dry it out

Place the phone in a bowl of rice, stop trying to turn it on, leave it in the rice for 12 hours. Then try, if no luck, maintenance may be required.

May 08, 2010 | Palm Pixi Cell Phone

1 Answer

I sweat quite a bit, and I can't help but get the phone wet. It will power up now, and show calls coming in, etc., but the rollerball and keypad don't respond. It has intermitently worked till today. Has...

One trick for getting water out of things is placing them in a bowl of dry rice, rice is known for absorbing the water out of things. Also, when you dry it out, take the battery pack off separately in the bowl, that way the insides of it have a better chance of drying out. Leave it in there for a few hours and check if it works. If it doesn't leave a comment and I'll try my best to help.

Jul 16, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry? Curve 8330 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Need to take main screen off to clean liquid from underneath

I would advise you not to remove the main screen. They are not made to be removed. My best advice would be to place the phone in a bowl of rice for 24 hours. I have had a similar water damage issue, and the bowl of rice trick fixed her up. DO NOT use a blow dryer for it though whatever you do. Hope i've helped!

Mar 18, 2009 | Samsung SGH-A747 Cellular Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?
Pantech C300 Cellular Phone Logo

130 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Pantech Cell Phones Experts

Lawrence Oravetz

Level 3 Expert

7235 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

13369 Answers


Level 3 Expert

3932 Answers

Are you a Pantech Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides