- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Zone 2 Setup on the RX-V773 using the ZONE2/PRESENCE Extra Speakers
The RX-V773 extra speaker terminals can power one set of speakers for Zone 2 or Presence speakers. If the extra speaker terminals are utilized then the RX-V773 cannot be set for Bi Amp (Surround Back/BI-AMP terminals).
Setting the Extra Speaker Terminals
Note: The RX-V773 remote control will be used to access the On Screen Menu of receiver.
1. Press the On Screen button on the remote control to enter the On Screen Menu.
2. The On Screen display should be displayed on the TV/Monitor.
3. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote until Setup comes up in the screen.
4. Press the Enter Button on the remote control.
5. The Setup Menu will come up across the TV/Monitor screen.
6. Use the Arrow Left & Right buttons on the remote to navigate to Speaker.
7. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select Manual Setup.
8. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Speaker Manual Setup menu.
9. Speaker Manual Setup menu with Power Amp Assign highlighted will come up.
10. Press the Enter Button on the remote control to enter Power Amp Assign menu.
11. Speaker Manual Setup, Power Amp Assign menu will come up with Basic highlighted.
12. Press the Arrow Down button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
13. Press the Enter button on the remote to select 7ch+1ZONE.
14. Press the On Screen button to exit the on screen menu.
To control Zone 2 using the RX-V773 remote, the switch at the upper left side (above the BD/DVD Scene button) of the remote must be set to Zone 2. To see the operations on the front of the Yamaha receiver you must press the Zone Control button on the front of the receiver.
Note: Only analog signals can be sent to Zone 2. If you want to output the sound from Zone 2, connect an external component to USB Thumb drive, USB iPhone/iPod, Network, AV 5-6 or Audio 1-2 by analog connection. For AM/FM radio the antennas must be attached.
Seems you set it to "Stereo Direct" mode. This is an analog only mode, while you are using a digital signal. You can change this with the mode button.
Press menu, on the main menu screen 1, scroll down to stereo direct. Turn this OFF. This should solve your issue!
I had a similar problem with my Denon 3808 after it had the protection circuit tripped. First all I would get is a blue screen with sound, then after powering the unit off I got the display back, but all of the on screen GUI menus were gone. I could tell that the menu button worked because display located physically on the recever worked. I reset/rebooted the system (follow the directions in manual) and everything came back. Be aware by resetting the system any customization you have done will be lost. Hope that helps
I had the same problem on my 7200 until I realized that the display comes up on the television screen. I carefully followed the set up required from the manual. I got the Manual online at Marantz.com. I have a cable hook up so I connected the video cable out from the box to the Video in source on the 7200 and monitor out to my Television. I then pressed the Amp button to get the remote to Amp mode. I then pressed the OK button that is in the center of the four direction buttons and the menu displayed itself on the screen . I hope this helps. ercble
OK LOOKING AT THE SPECS FOR THE EXTENDER YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE SERIAL CONNECTIONS, WHEN USING THE SERIAL CONNECTIONS YOU NEED RS232 CODE STRINGS TO CONTROL THE DENON OR ANYOTHER DEVICE THROUGH THIS EXTENDER USING THE RS232 CONNECTIONS.
IT LOOKS LIKE YOU CONNECT AN I/R EMITTER FROM AN MINI JACK I/R CONTROL PORT ON THE BACK AND THE OTHER END TO THE I/R WINDOW ON THE DENON
We had the same problem - I think it was reset when the power went off in a storm. Went to Yamaha website (http://www.yamaha.com/yec/faq/faqdetail.html?CNTID=206010&CTID=5009135) and found the following worked:
Assigning the receivers internal amp for Zone 2:
Set the remote control [SIDE SELECTOR SWITCH] to [AMP]. (Located to the right of the volume buttons on the Remote).
Press the [SET MENU] button on the remote control.
Arrow down to Manual Setup and press the [ENTER] button on the remote control.
Arrow to the Sound Menu option and press the [ENTER] button on the remote control.
Arrow to Speaker Set and press the [ENTER] button on the remote control.
Arrow to the EXTRA SP ASSIGN and select ZONE2
Press the [RETURN] button on the remote control to exit out and return to the Manual Setup.
FIX ZONE @ SOUND - STUCK ON "ZONE 2 - FIX"
1. Press "Amp" button (right side of remote - 1/3 way down)
2. Press "Menu" button (center of remote - 1/2 way down)
3. Press "TV VOL" button (green letters) until "Manual Setup" is displayed on receiver
4. Press "Enter" button (green letters)
5. Press "TV VOL" button (green letters) until "3 Option Menu" is displayed on receiver
6. Press "Enter" button (green letters)
7. Press "TV VOL" button (green letters) until "D Multi Zone" is displayed on receiver
8. Navigate from there
Hope it helps. It worked for us.