I was recently given an old A2. It has a new battery and adapter. However, although the green light comes on and it warms up to the touch, there is nothing happening. The fan does not start and the screen remains dark. I have tried connecting it to a separate monitor but still nothing happens.
It's age and the cost precludes taking it to a professional. Can anyone point me in the right direction bearing in mind that I am a laptop novice.
If the fan is not workng on the A2 you nedd to purchse a new one as the fan stops the computer from over heating and catch fire,if no fan it will not allow computer to opperate.Take the case of the bottom or look to see where it is installed .You should be able to refit it your self if your can find a replacement fan,.Try serching on the web for a supplier. yours Mel
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The OneUPS is a really old model that has been discontinued. I'm not sure if you've recently replaced the batteries or not. Assuming that you haven't, it's likely that the batteries are dead. Given the age of the unit, I suggest that you consider getting a new UPS.
If you can jiggle the the power cord right at where it plugs into the
computer and sometimes the green light comes on, that means your DC
Power Jack is bad. There was probably nothing wrong with your other
power cord. When the DC Power Jack is bad the laptop will not power on
if the battery is drained of all of it's power because the Power Cord
can't charge the battery.
Take an ink pen and push the tip inside the jack and see if
the little pin wiggles, if so the jack is bad. You'll have to take the laptop
apart to fix it. Most times it is soldered onto the motherboard, so you
will have to desolder the old and solder a new one.
Unless you got your film from The Impossible Project, then there's no such thing any more as new Polaroid film. There is a lot of overpriced and unused old stock though which is all so long out of date that the batteries (built into the film pack) are all now effectively dead. Often the photo chemicals are stale as well, although if the film has been kept refrigerated (and you only have the sellers word for that) the chemicals may be fine but the battery will still be dead as cold kills batteries.
You have no way to save the current film pack, but to continue to use your camera in future you can either modify it to accept an external 6v d.c power supply (battery pack or mains adapter) or buy film from The Impossible Project.
I hope that my reply has given you suitable options for the continued use of your camera. Please take a moment to rate my answer.
If you bought the battery off eBay, there is a STRONG probability that it was used. A used battery (if it is more than a year old - look at the manufacturing date) is GOING to fail soon. Order ea new battery that comes with a guarantee - from Dell or some other source that warrants their product. It will cost a little more, but worth it in the long run. Chalk up the eBay experience as a learning event (costly one)!
It may be possible with the AC adapter. Some allow it & some do not, but best solution is replace the dead battery with a new fully charged battery. Hope this helps & please remember to rate my answer. Thanks.
hopefully you got the right adapter for the machine and if so and still no lights or nothing you can try to hold in the resetr button on the back of the machine and turn on the power at the same time and see what happens if still nothing i would look at getting the machine serviced by a authorized dealer
you may have a bad board or the internal cmos battery is dead or there is a loose connection somewhere ok?
best regards michael
The flashing battery light is an indication that the system is attempting to charge the battery. The orange light indicates a problem charging one of the battery cells. This usually means that the battery either needs to be recalibrated or replaced. To recalibrate the battery just use the system until the battery is dead, then recharge and repeat the process twice, after which time the battery should be recalibrated. If this doesn’t fix the flashing orange light then the battery may need to be replaced.
yes it could be, although the hdd wouldnt work either, unplug the 21 pin connector from the power supply unit that is connected to the motherboard power connector and see if the plastic plug has melted into the socket, if you cant pull it out theres a good chance it has.