the compressor on most modern cars, say 1990 to now.
you did not SCAN the OBD2 port yet for errors??? DTC errors????
the Compressor as a CLUTCH, and is disengaged or the belt missing.
bam it cant spin,,,, but why? easy.
all have a brain box, added to keep from blowing up parts. and other safety reasons. (all tests are easy and takes only a $10 walfart meter.
only location of brain varies. the FSM covers all this , in vivid details.
your PCM and Clilmate control unit CCU do all this logic together , this 04 Honda.
the manual system (not CC) uses Audio Hvac,display module.AHDM?
as you can see the FSM is complex here, I4 enginen V6 and 2 types
of HVAC why not get the FSM or use alldata.com read it.
- A fuse is blown check them all. engine bay TOO.
- The brain sees the Hi/low freon loop wrong, and kills clutch.
- Engine over heat detected. (real or not) (a sensor)
- Engine over load, (ECU tells A/T to shut down passing log trucks)
- AC evaporator, ICED up, (sensor) will only happen deep in to running system. and is normal. if not iced all time.
- 2005 throttle by wire system in LIMPHOME, can cut A/C
- HVAC cab blower DEAD.
- The PCM can cut A/C at any time. and does of or many reasons and not scanning the PCM , means ,you missed them all. SCAN it
safety cuts, are :
PCM engine overload, too steep hill, pulling a trailer , overloads.
limphome.? mode active, engine power limited.
anytime the PCM thinks the occupants are in danger or engine damage it can and doescut A/T and the newer the car, the longer this list seems to get.
SCAN the PCM.
first. then wonder.