About a week ago we smelled a funny burning smell, and the only thing on was the dishwasher. It was running, and didn't seem or sound faulty. Then, some days later, we realized that the water was never heating up. I tried the heavy duty cycle, same thing. The dishwasher is about 1 year old. Is this a professional repair job? What likely has happened?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: My asko 3122 dishwasher never heats up
Sounds as though the element burned out I would suggest you have a qualified technition out to confirm and replace so he\she can inspect the machine and see if there is indeed another fualt,the element can blow for a number of reasons but like a light bulb blowing it is electrical and can go at any time,I would not suggest you attempt the repair by yourself unless you have some sort of experiance with this type of thing.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is likely that there is some minor clogging in the diswasher drain filter.Clean as per the user instructions available with the dishwasher. Also likely the kitchen drain could be clogging. Buy a dishwasher cleaning kit from supermarket. Finish make a good product. Use it to clean the dishwasher as per instructions on the kit.
possible failure of electronic board expensive to fix. May even be suprresion capacitor. A lot of brands used suppression caps on the ac input to filter out unwanted noise. When these blow they stink and some even arc but one thing is sure they cut the power to the rest of the dwasher may even throw out your power.Make sure it is switched off and unplugged before dismantling it.
clean out the food traps in the bottom, assuming the unit has some sort of filter. then run a cup of bleach in the unit with no dishes. you might need to do this once or twice. make sure you use fresh bleach. most bleach dies in strength after only 2 weeks. it will still smell like bleach to some degree, but it will have little effect. most bleach manufacturers add 'scents' to the bleach to hide the degradation characteristics of bleach. also, you may have a partially blocked air gap. to determine this, check for water remaining in the bottom of the tub after it drains. left over water will contribute to odor, and negate any sterilization you dishwasher might otherwise try to do. good luck mark
check to see if the motor is overheating, the motor could
be getting hot causing the smell, if the motor is'nt overheating, then call the local repair man, we live in miami(florida), and we have a dish washer that keeps on rumbling, we are getting it fixed today, the only big big problem is it seems to draw alot of electricity when in operation, so there's my problem
p.s. is your dishwasher also rumbling and drawing electricity?