No B/W print while black cartridge is full.
Your printer and its software will let you know when an ink cartridge is low or expended.
If an ink cartridge is low or expended, you see a message on the Epson Stylus CX8400 LCD display screen. If a cartridge is expended, you must replace it to be able to print. If a cartridge is low, you can continue printing until a cartridge needs replacement.
You cannot print or copy when an ink cartridge is expended even if the other cartridges are not expended. Replace any expended cartridges before printing or copying.
When an installed ink cartridge is more than six months old, you may need to replace it if your printouts do not look their best, even after cleaning and aligning the print head.
Follow the steps below to replace one or more ink cartridges that are low on ink, expended, or too old:
1. Turn on the printer.
If you're replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the LCD display screen, press Setup, select Maintenance, and press OK. Then select Change Ink Cartridge and press OK.
2. Open the scanner.
3. Open the cartridge cover.
4. Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it. Dispose of it carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.
5. Before opening the new cartridge package, shake it four or five times. (Do not shake a cartridge after opening the package; ink may leak.)
6. Remove the cartridge from the package, but be careful not to touch the green chip on the cartridge.
7. Remove the yellow tape from the bottom of the cartridge.
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak.
8. Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.
9. Once you replace all the necessary cartridges, close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
10. Close the scanner.
11. Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.
When you see a completion message on the LCD display screen, ink charging is finished.
Never turn off the printer while ink is charging or you'll waste ink. If you see an ink replacement message on the LCD display screen, press OK and press down all the cartridges securely.
Feb 02, 2009 |
Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer