Hi, I have a HP laserjet 1018, but it does not work recently, and the orange light flashes right after I turn it on. Since I bought it almost 2 years, so I am kinda suspect that there's not enough ink, but on the other hand, I think I didn't print more than 500 paper after I bought it. Could you please tell me how to solve this problem?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: My HP laserjet 1018 doesn't work
First of all remove the power cable and rmove the usb connection or parallal connection from the pc. Then conneted the power and usb cable. you need to open the case to remove the printer cartise. and add the cartise. Start your pc. give print command.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hold the 2 buttons on the operation panel down for a few seconds until the light begin to flash. Then release them. This will print a configuration page which will contail a line with the total pages printed information.
1. The printer is in manual feed mode.
Possible solution: Change the manual feed setting in "printer properties"
2. The door is open,the media is out,the toner cartridge is installed incorrectly,or the paper is jammed. Check paper path.
1. Check fan cables for looseness.
2. Replace fan assembly