Question about Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Lost Password to router
Hold the reset button on the router for 30 second, do not let go of it after the diag LED turns off, continue holding it until 30 seconds have passed. After you?ve done this, the router will revert to factory defaults, all of your settings will be lost. By default the default Password for the router is admin, and there is no User Name.
Posted on Feb 16, 2006
Hello, If you haven't changed anything from default, in address window type 192.168.1.1 this should be default address for router. It will then prompt for a ID and Password..enter admin for ID and if needed the same for password. This will let you into the router settings and where you can change SSID and Enable Firewall, WEP or WPA..Hope this helps, thanks
Posted on Mar 05, 2008
SOURCE: password not working
The easiest method of resetting your Linksys router’s password is to reset your router back to the default factory settings. This is done by simply holding down the reset button located on the back of the unit for at least 30 seconds. Once the router has been reset, it must be reconfigured. Using your web browser go to URL address http://192.168.1.1. You will then be prompted to login to your router. A log-in screen asking for the password will automatically appear. At this time enter the default password “admin”, in lower case letters into the password field. The username field may be left blank at this time. (Note: both the default username and default password are set to “admin” on some of the newer Linksys router models. then go to the wireless security page and type in a new password.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
I’m happy to assist further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/joe_8b8c2cd6ce148309
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
you do not need the disk.
you can log in to belkin router by typing 192.168.2.1 and press Enter, in your internet explorer (in the address bar ),
click on "wireless" on the left, click submit without entering anything (for the password), and you can click on security. and u can setup the key from there. but best to call them and theywill help you. call them at this number 8777365771
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
Hi! I will be glad to assist you in this issue. I check the website and there is no english manual for the iptime n5004. here is what you could do;
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
7. Once your done on the internet setting, go to your wireless connection settings and you can create a wireless network name or ssid, set a security by selecting wep, wpa, wpa2.
8. once all is set. save the settings and to check if your laptop can access the wireless network that you did, turn on the wireless switch of your laptop, once its on, it will show the wireless network icon on the lower right of the taskbar, right click it and select on view available network, the network name that u did should list, just select it and connect and it will ask for the password, just type the password and connect, you should be connected to the wireless network and have internet access..
9. If you are going to hook up your desktop to the wireless connection, you need to install a wireless network adapter, install the driver and do the same thing as u did to the laptop, for the desktop no need of turning on the wireless switch, once you install the driver correctly, it will show a network icon..
if you have any query pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Nov 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2016 | Computers & Internet
Mar 30, 2013 | Zyxel Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Mar 18, 2012 | Acer Aspire AX3400-U2022 PT.SE202.007...
Jan 30, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Sep 09, 2011 | D-Link DIR-300 Wireless Router
Jul 30, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!