set up phone and plugged in power, set handset on base and the "Charging" LED lights up (as expected) and "IN USE" LED flashes constantly. Normally, the "IN USE" LED flashes four times when the handset is replaced. There is no dialtone, no indication from the handset that there is any power. The battery contacts are all clean.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: In Use LED flashing constantly
Your phone may have lost registration to the base.
1) Try disconnecting the power to the base and then re-connecting the power with the cordless phone in the base. Give it a few seconds, then see if it works.
2) Try removing the battery, wait 10 seconds, re-install the battery and set the phone in the charger.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Have you tried removing the batteries and letting the internal power decay for an hour or so - in other words try to get them to forget what they were. Then replace batteries and try again. I guess you've consulted the user manual, is there a reset button hole anywhere on the base unit? The sort you stick a pin into.
You mean unplugged it from the power outlet or the RG45 wall jack? OK so if the battery is fine and you unplugged the power from the source, then the issue is with either the cord itself or the charging unit. Just because the little red light comes on does not mean it is working properly. Put a multi-meter on the charging tabs to double check for continuity. Sometimes and as weird as this sounds, it just takes unplugging a nearly spent power pack/inverter to finish the job so to speak. If you unplugged it from the RG45 then you need to look at the pins in the RG45 wall jack to see if you inadvertently bent one out of shape.Phone won't work if there's no signal. Wish I could help more. Good luck with that issue.
I don't know if you have tried this but clearing all handsets from the base (so there are non) finish setting it for non and then start over as per manual.
Before you start re-setting them -
!st, unplug (for 20 seconds) then re-plug in Batteries from all hand sets. You may want to unplug the main Base as well at the same time you do the others.
My system has had problems that just unplugging and re-plug in the battery has solved. (It was flashing like someone was on it but if I picked it up there was a dial tone)
Hope this works for you :-)
here are some tips from my manual for out of range problems hope they help • Only one handset can be used to make or answer a call anytime. If another handset attempt to do so, the screen will display OTHER HANDSET ON and then OR OUT OF RANGE. You might press PHONE or SPEAKER again until no other handset is using the line. Use the call transfer feature to transfer a call to another system handset or use the speakerphone feature so multiple members of your house can be on an active call at the same time. • Move the cordless handset closer to the base. You might have moved out of range. • Ensure that the base is powered up. • Place the cordless handset in base cradle for 1 minute to allow the cordless handset and base to resynchronize channels. • If the cordless handset is in its base and the charging light does not come on, refer to the charge light is off in troubleshooting guide. • Reset the base. Unplug the unit’s electrical power. Wait for 15 seconds then plug it back in. Allow up to one minute for the cordless handset and base to reset. • Other electronic products can cause interference with your cordless phone. Try installing your phone as far away from these types of elec tronic devices as possible: wireless routers, radios, radio towers, page towers, cell phones, intercoms, room monitors, televisions, personal computers, kitchen appliances and cordless phones.
I have two older (2002) model cordless Uniden phones that require the handsets to return to their original factory bases. If they have rested on another Uniden base, even of the same model, there is no dialup tone. Replace to the original base and you should be back in service.
IF it was a used handset it was likely registered to another base. I just switched bases (1line to a 2 line base). I had to "deregister" the handsets from the old base. I am not sure if you can deregister if the old base is not present? With the old base plugged into power I hit the "function key" at the bottom left of the handset and scrolled down to initial settings. Under registration is "deregistration". I selected that and it put the handset back to its default out of the box. Then simply hit the mute button on the New base and OK on the handset. Worked for all 5 of my old handsets.
I had the same problem. Once I read the owners manual I found the charge light blinks to indicate that you have voicemail waiting to be retrieved via telecom provider. Much to my surprise I have a voicemail account I never requested.
Another mystery solved - I now know why I missed so many messages.
You are pretty close to the solution. The problem is the charge detection in the handset. All handsets on a cordless phone detect the battery level with an hexadecimal value in the memory. Each hex value equal a volt value of the battery. EX: 3.5v = 9B 3.6v = 9C 3.7v =9D etc... The problem is the hex value in your defective handset are all mess up. So 9B is not 3.5v anymore. Then your handset could last 1hr after foul charge or doesn't alert you before the phone goes dead due to low BAtt.