Question about GE 106591 Coffee Maker
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Automatic clean function
The coffee maker is equipped with an automatic clean function. After 60 brewing cycles, the clean indicator/button (22) lights up. This indicates coffee maker should be cleaned by using the automatic clean function and the charcoal filter (17) should be replaced.
NOTE: The coffee maker can continue to be used, when clean indicator/button (22) is on.
• To begin the cleaning cycle, remove the charcoal filter (17) from the water tank (10). Fill the tank with a vinegar and water mixture (1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water) or a descaling product. Press clean (22) button for three seconds. The clean indicator/button (22) flashes and the cleaning process begins.
• 24 cycles of 7 seconds brewing and 21 seconds off
• 30 minutes rest
• Brewing the remaining descaling solution
• After cleaning process is complete the clean indicator/button (22) goes off. Fill water tank (10) with clean water and run one brewing cycle to rinse the coffee maker.
• Change the charcoal filter (17) (ill. k). Reinsert the charcoal filter to the coffee maker (ill. l).
NOTE: You can use the cleaning function before reaching 60 cycles (especially if the water hardness is above normal). Press and hold clean indicator/button (22) for 3 seconds.
NOTE: The Cleaning Process takes 60 minutes to complete. You cannot cancel the cleaning process before it is complete. Unplugging the machine only delays the cleaning process.
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
You can find the instructions in this pdf file the link is http://www.gehousewares.com/products/200836153329360.pdf
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2009 | GE 106591 Coffee Maker
Oct 21, 2009 | Faberware FCP280 Coffee Maker
Jan 18, 2009 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Oct 25, 2008 | GE 106591 Coffee Maker
May 08, 2008 | GE 106591 Coffee Maker
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!