Difference between Manual and Automation Testing
is the pillar of Software testing, because whole testing is based on Manual and Automation Testing. In a project you can do either Manual or Automation Testing and you can also do both Manual and Automation Testing simultaneously.
Complete Difference between Manual and Automation Testing
1. Manual Testing is a process which is done manually.
1. Automation Testing is a process which is done by the help of automated tools.
2. All the famous phases of STLC like test planning, test deployment, result analysis, test execution, bug tracking and reporting tools are obviously comes under the category of Manual Testing and done successfully by human efforts.
2. In Automation Testing all the popular phases of STLC are done by various open sources and purchased tools like Selenium, J meter, QTP, Load Runner, Win Runner and so on.
3. Manual Testing is a start of Testing, without this testing we can't start Automation Testing.
3. Automation Testing is a continuous part of Manual Testing.
4. In Manual Testing testers are allowed to do Random Testing
to find the Bugs.
4. In Automation Testing we always test through Running Scripts.
5. In Manual Testing we find more bugs than automation by Error Guessing.
5. In Automation Testing we test the repetitive functionalities of the application.
6. It takes lot of time.
6. It takes less time.
7. Manual Testing would be run sequentially.
7. Automation Testing is done on different machines at same time.
8. Regression Testing process
is tough in Manual Testing
8. Regression Testing process is easy in Automation Testing by Tools.
9. It is not expensive.
9. It is expensive.
10. More testers are required in Manual Testing because in this testing test cases need to be executed manually.
10. Few testers are required in Automation Testing because in this testing test cases need to be executed by using Automation Tools.
11. It gives low accuracy result.
12. It gives high accuracy result.
12. It is considered as low quality.
12. It is considered as high quality.
13. In this Testing we cannot do batch testing.
13. In this Testing we can do multiple types of batch testing.
14. It is considered as less reliable.
14. It is considered as more reliable.
15. No need of programming in Manual Testing.
15. Need of programming is must in Automation Testing.
16. It is done without interaction of any Tool.
16. It is always done using tools.