My mic on
Cyber Acoustics AC-201 Consumer Headset just suddenly stopped working how do i fix this problem? i was playing a game called counter strike source and it just stopped working while i was talking and it wont come back on or work on anything.. how do i fix this problem?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your mic has stopped working this may be due to the fact that the hardware has finally worn out and may not work anymore. If the product is less than a year old try contacting the manufacture to claim your warranty.
The webcam itself usually has a built-in microphone.
Most likely you will need to go into the configuration setting of your webcam (probably available in Control Panel if you're using Windows) and deselect the microphone that is built-in to the webcam and select the mic input on your sound card instead.
I've seen this happen many many times.
If headphones mic doesn't work on different PCs then the problem with headphones set. There are 2 possible problems: broken cord or bad microphone. I think this is cord problem and unfortunately don't know the way to test it at home. I think replacing the cord will resolve the problem.
dont forget to rate me....
This has to be rather general as it's a bit hard to give you specific advise without knowing a bit more about your operating system and sound card.
Try checking the following: (1) Headphone problem First, I would try to determine if there is a problem with the
microphone itself. Do you have another pair or a different model that
you could try? If yes, then give them a go and see if the other ones
work. If they do then take your ac201's back to the store and get a
replacement. If you haven't got another pair then try them in another
computer and see if you get a different result. If they work in a
different computer then the phones are OK and we need to look into the
computer hardware and software.
(2) Software Setup problem. Have you made sure that on the recording controls that the microphone volume is turned up?
(3) Sound Card setup problem. Some sound cards have multipurpose jack that for example can be switched between line input and microphone. Check with the card's documentation and especially check that the jack you are using is set to microphone and that you are plugged into the right one.
(4) Software problem - do you have the right drivers for your sound card loaded?
It's the fact that people say it loud and so your mic picks it up out of the reciever and plays it again and then the same happens to other people and then it continues on and on. Also it could be doing this because the sound bounces off the Tv if your close to it.