Question about LG VX6000

1 Answer

Water Damage Okay. Two days ago i fell into a lake. My cellphone was in my pocket. We took it apart and let it dry. I charged it but the only time it works is on the charger. I do not know what is wrong.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

Replace the battery. it will work then

Posted on Aug 28, 2007

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Fell in lake with battery operated hedge trimmer is it safe to charge the battery'


First remove the battery from trimmer then let the battery and the trimmer stand up for a few days to let the water dry.Every thing should work normal.

Nov 15, 2017 | Garden

1 Answer

Alright so i kinda lost my walkman mp3 out in the lawn xD ( it was in my sister's pocket and it fell onto the lawn) my mom found it while she was cleaning the lawn and that was prob 4 days after i had...


This is happening because your player has shorted out. Take the unit apart as far as you are comfortable. Put all the parts into a baggy of dry rice for 2 days. After 2 days, put the player back together and test it again. What this will do is remove all the water from the phone, it will not however reset the water damage check. If that doesn't work you may have to contact the manufacture to see about repair.

May 10, 2011 | Sony Walkman NWZ-S616F MP3 Player

3 Answers

My laptop hp pavilion d9000 fell in water and took some time to be worked on, now it has refused to power and the screen is not working, where could be the problem


if it fell in the water a few minutes ago.. then quickly dry it with a hair dryer. keep the dryer in a distance though.
if it is longer than a few minutes then take it as soon as posssilbe to a technician to take it apart and dry to clean the internal parts.

Jan 25, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook

1 Answer

I also have a Sony Ericsson K850I and dropped in the water.


you can take the battery and the back off the device and place in completely submerged in a bag of white rice and leave it in there for 1 to 2 days this will help absorb the moisture, this should fix it if the water did not damage the circut boards if the water damaged the circut boards then the device is fried

Jul 04, 2009 | Sony Ericsson K850i Mobile Phone

1 Answer

Dropped phone in water


SIM is probably bad or a little wet. but wait and let everything dry out and see if it works. Mine was soaked and the next morning worked fine. at least you probably won't have to buy a new phone.

Apr 28, 2009 | Samsung SGH-t229 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Fell in water


Well - Your DS is very likely dead at this point. DO NOT "Just Turn It On to Check" This will almost certainly kill it.
If you have some basic electrical & mechanical skill, you could take it apart and have a look. Here is the general procedure for electronics that get wet:
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (like immediately) after it gets wet, turn off the device and remove the battery. If it has an internal battery, when you get it open, disconnect the battery immediately.
You will be looking for:
Corrosion
Short-Circuit Burns
Remaining Water/Moisture
If you have identified any corrosion or burns, best thing would be to chuck it.
If there is no visible damage, then pat dry any wet/moist parts. Let the unit sit open in a warm, dry spot for 24h to fully dry.
Reassemble without turning on.
Charge battery, or put in fresh batteries.
Turn on & hope for the best.

In your case, I would do the above, then with a multimeter - check the battery voltage. Then charge the battery for a few hours and check the battery to see if the voltage has increased. If so, you are getting a charge and the unit should power up if it has no damage.

Hope this helps, but really, it's probably dead. You can also find a local firm who fixes water damaged electronics & cellphones to see if they can help you out.

Cheers

Feb 15, 2009 | Nintendo DS Lite Console

3 Answers

Water damaged Moto razor


I know you don't want to here this, so be kind with your rating, but the best solution is a new phone. The reason is this: no matter what you do, water is a conductor and the dried residue it leaves behind will also short things out. And water will get to places that you can't.

Sorry, hope that helped save you some time...

Geno

Apr 03, 2008 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3

2 Answers

Motorola RAZR V3 Cellular Problems With Water Damage


yes it is bad
getting hot means that the internals are frying or shorting out
leave the battery off of it for about a week then try it again.
I really don't like your chances of it working properly again though.
Good Luck

Nov 17, 2007 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3

2 Answers

Wet dash


There's still water in it. You'll need to take the battery out and let it dry another two days. I got my phone wet one time and it took a week before it worked again.

Oct 15, 2007 | T-Mobile Dash Smartphone

Not finding what you are looking for?

Open Questions:

LG VX6000 Logo

Related Topics:

93 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Cell Phones Experts

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers

Raphael Josiah

Level 2 Expert

86 Answers

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18424 Answers

Are you a LG Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...