Question about Dell Latitude C640 Notebook
I was trying to fix video VGA resolution and device manager informed me that my video drivers were not working(yellow exclamation mark). I unistalled and reinstalled (multiple times)the the Nvid geforce4 mx 430 drivers and was unable to correct problem. so I tried disabling the MS Std VGA display monitor default now when I boot the desktop I can not see ANYTHING.
How do I fix?
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2014 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Oct 17, 2008 | Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
Oct 04, 2012 | Acer TravelMate 4740
2. Press the F8 key before it enters Windows.
3. Select the Safe Mode option in the Advanced Boot Options menu and press Enter.
NOTE: If Safe Mode does not work please retry the first two
steps and select the Enable low-resolution video
(640x480) option instead. If this option is selected your
desktop will be bigger than usual - this is by design.
4. Once in your desktop, click on Start and select the Control Panel.
5. Select the Hardware and Sound option and then click on Device Manager under Devices and Printers.
6. Expand the Display adapters list - this should display the video card that is currently installed on your computer. Please note the make and model before proceeding.
7. Right click the video card under Display Adapters and select Disable.
8. Repeat this step if more than one video card is showing under Display Adapters.
9. Once all display adapters have been disabled restart the computer in normal mode.
point you should be able to get into your computer without a problem;
however, your video card is disabled so you will need to download and
install the latest drivers for it. If you had noted the make and model
of card when you were in the device manager you can search for this on
the internet and/or contact the hardware manufacturer for help. Once the
drivers are installed correctly on the system you should be able to
boot normally without any resolution problems.
Post back we will be happy to help you.
Hope this helps.
Jan 06, 2011 | Acer TravelMate 3270-6569 Notebook
Jul 01, 2010 | Lenovo 3000 G530 Notebook
Apr 08, 2010 | HP PC Laptops
Feb 09, 2010 | Acer Aspire 4315 Notebook
Apr 30, 2008 | PC Laptops
Jan 23, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Nov 24, 2007 | IBM ThinkPad A31 Notebook
195 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!