Question about Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Philips DVP3144 Region Change
The fix on the DVP3120 was as follows. I don't know if this works on 3144 - would like to know.
1. Turn on the unit
2. Open the loading tray
3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote
4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key
5. Enter 138931
6. You will now see the current region code displayed
7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or "0" for all regions
8. Press the "Play" button on the remote
Posted on Feb 15, 2008
SOURCE: MULTI REGION
1. Switch on the DVD - without and DVD in it.
2. When "no disc" appears press the following sequence of numbers from the remote control: 9735
3. Choose the region (0 is universal)
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
SOURCE: Philips MCD716
1.Press DVD "OPEN/CLOSE" key (RC (remote Control) or main unit) to open the DVD tray (note:if no disc on tray,then you have not to open it);
2.Press RC "SYSTEM" key to enter DVD system setup menu;
3.Press RC "direction "key to hightlight the forth item "PREFERENCE PAGE" (not entering the sub-item );
4.Press RC numeric key sequentially 811502(enter code, however no display on TV);
5.Press RC "down direction" or "up direction" key to change REGION CODE,"0" is all code.
6.Press RC "OK" key to confirm.
7.Press RC "SYSTEM" key to exit DVD system setup menu
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
To check the software version and change
region code of your DVD Portable
1. Power ON the DVD player and open the DVD
2. Press the “SETUP” button on remote control,
then select the “Preference MENU”
3. Press the remote button in the sequence as
9 -> 6 -> 5 -> 3
4. The LCD display showed the existing region
code. Press (navigation up) or
(navigation down) repeatedly to select the
number from 0 to 6.
5. Refer below table for your region code setting
4=Australia, New Zealand
Select “0” setting = Region Free (confidential)
Posted on Mar 04, 2009
With your set on and without disc in the tray:
1. Press PLAY from your remote control
2. Press the following button sequence: 1590 2379 390
3. Press PLAY again
This will release the region verification in your home theater (region free). However, some DVDs (multiregion in particular) will not play, since they require region detection from the player unit.
I've done this to my 3090 and been using it like this for 3 years.
Posted on May 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 24, 2016 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jun 01, 2012 | Philips HTS5580W/F7 Theater System
Jul 16, 2010 | Philips Televison & Video
Aug 08, 2009 | Philips DCP850/37
Feb 28, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video
Jan 10, 2009 | Philips SoundBar DVD Home Theater with...
Dec 05, 2008 | Philips DVP5140 DVD Player
Jan 19, 2018 | Televison & Video
513 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: