- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
it only takes 2 things to fix power. a voltmeter and alldata dot com. (a road map we call it) see power distribution page. its all there. no guessing. will cost you $15, 1/10 of 1hour shop labor, really its free. here is discounted link,
this will be an issue with the duplex rollers check where it is jamming is it in the duplex unit if yes then check the duplex rollers for wear worn rollers will cause scews also check there is no torn pieces of paper stuck in the guides of the duplex
a good thing to do is to get a thin piece of card stock slide it into the duplex manually and frred it where the paper path goes on the duplex from beginning to end and it will push out any thing in the path
Check to make sure that "Plain Paper" is selected as the paper type for tray 2 in the printer's internal setup. If it's not set as the default then the printer may think you have labels or some other special media loaded that can't be printed in duplex.
1. Go to the printer.
2. Use the up and down arrow keys to hilight "Paper Tray Setup" on the main menu and push "OK".
3. Use the up and down arrow keys to hilight "Tray 2 Paper Type" and push "OK".
4. Hilight "Plain Paper" and push "OK".
5. Press the return button (the one with the little rounded arrow symbol) to return to the main menu.
only problem ive had with the earlier model not doing duplex was a sheet of paper in the duplexer bin . This is hard to find but if you pull out the paper tray and look in the space where the tray goes up above theres a lever which you can push and it releases the hidden duplex bin which stores the paper at half way through the double pass and if there is any paper in there then the printer will not duplex.