Question about Computers & Internet
I have a problem with my dvd (gsa-h21l) has a read problem it doesn't recognize any dvd (empty and/or full of any kind).i try to update the original software from hp but it doesn't work,i can only read and burn cd's.
my pc is a hp desktop win xp proff. sp3 installed,conf. is amd athlon 64x2 dual core3800+ 2.00 ghz 2 gb ram and up to date.just a few months ago i installed nero and i guess than the problem started.
any advice will be highly appreciated...
Check the firmware first in the device manager
1. Right click on my computer and choose manage.
2. Under Computer Management, Click on Device Manager
3. Check the dvd/cd-rw device and check if it has a yellow exclamation point or an x mark on it.
-if it has an x mark. you just need to enaeble it or install the updated driver or firmware for your dvd drive but if none or it has an exclamation point continue the steps below:
DELETE upper and lower FILTERS in the Registry Editor
1.Click on Start. Then type in run or the search box, REGEDIT
then click on regedit. A new window will appear which is the registry editor.
2. Click on the plus sign for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3. Click on the plus sign on SYSTEM
4. Click on the plus sign on CURRENTCONTROLSET
5. Click on the plus sign on CONTROL
6. Click on the plus sign on CLASS
7. Click on the FOLDER for (4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318)
8. On the left pane you should see the UPPER FILTERS or the LOWER FILTERS or BOTH. DELETE BOTH if possible. Right click on it and click on deleter. Once deleted go back to device manager
9.Click the plus sign On the dvd/cd drive in the device manager, and Right click on the firmware and choose uninstall.
10. Click on ACTION in the device manager and choose scan for hardware changes.
-It should automatically detect and install the firware for your dvd drive. You should be able to play any dvd again.
-This problem might be happening because your firmware for the dvd drive is interfering with the burning software that you installed on the system which is NERO.
-Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
I have the same problem my DVD-ROM can read CDs but not DVDs I tried your advice but it doesn't worked, If u have a sulotion for me please write me on email@example.com
Posted on Jun 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2011 | LG GSAH20L DVD±RW Dual Layer Burner
Aug 18, 2009 | LG (GSA-5169D) DVD RW Dual Layer Burner
Jul 16, 2009 | LG GSA-H10A Burner
Jun 04, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Nov 23, 2008 | LG GSA-H55N DVD-RAM Burner
May 20, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 14, 2008 | Panasonic DMR-EH75VS DVD Recorder/VCR/HDD...
Nov 30, 2007 | Intel (RK80532PG0881M) Pentium 4, 3 GHz...
May 23, 2017 | VIA Computers & Internet
258 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!