Question about Abit AS8 Motherboard
When booting up it stops at post code 21
Hello here is the homepage:
Post code 21, is a memory/ chipset problem.
It could be a problem with a ram module, or a Pci sound card or a graphic card. or powersupply.
Try to remove any add in cards, and try to boot with only one stick of ram.
Posted on Feb 17, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i think thats memory so try removing your ram and re installing it. maby its not pushed in all the way.
Posted on May 09, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks. And I sold the replacement motherboard that I did not need to buy!"
I had the same problem, the bios is corrupted, try a blind bios update or if it doesn't want to, you must do a hot flash update.For more details google search for award bios hot flash.Or dump it and buy a new one.A hot flash worked for me for this mb and an Epox 8rda+,i also have backup bios chips now.Your chip is a Winbond,4 mb capacity.
Hope this helps, SSVik
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
I still did not find beep code that match your problem..
Anyways here are the common beep codes for your motherboard.. it might help you too.
1. No beep - no reaction, the mother board is dead, power supply problem, processor and or ram problem.
2. 1beep - board is working fine.
3. One long beep then it shuts down - cpu problem, your processor is not working or missing.
4. 1short beep - system boots normally
5. 2short beeps - CMOS setting error.
6. 1long 1short beep - dram error
7. 1long 2 short beep - video card or monitor not connected
8. 1long 3 short beep - keyboard error.
9. 1long 9short beep - ROM error
10. Long beep - memory card is missing or not connected
11. Short beep - power supply error
12 Four beeps - there is no fan detected on Fan1 or Fan2 header. make sure to attach or reset CMOS bios to factory setting.
Hope this gave you an idea of your problem..
Much appreciated if you rate this help..thanks..
Posted on May 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 25, 2012 | Abit AS8-V (MBABITAS8V) Motherboard
Dec 19, 2010 | Abit AS8-V Motherboard
Sep 29, 2010 | Abit AS8-V Motherboard
Mar 13, 2010 | Abit : AS8-V...
Mar 01, 2010 | Abit AS8 Motherboard
Dec 01, 2009 | Abit AS8 Motherboard
Aug 13, 2007 | ASUS A8S-X Motherboard
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: