Question about Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Replacing a dual burner control switch

We order a new control switch from sears. the old part number was
318078201. the new is unverisal with the part number 903057-9010.
the problem is the diagram they sent. if i was a electrain i might know what to do but i am not. ist they only show 5 wires coming from out of my old switch but it has six. since the first diagram is not right the new is wrong also. please help.

Posted by on

  • hm99 Jan 31, 2009

    Hello, I have a similiar problem trying to replace an dual-burner switch on a Frigidaire Electric stovetop (Model# FEC30S8HSA). I had the switch replaced with a universal dual watt kitt (part# 5505-468 = 903057-9010). The shaft on this one has broke off again and I am trying to replace it with a new switch I received from Sears, which is a Electrolux model# 903097-9050.

    The broken switch(903057-9010)(240V/15A) has connections to L1(black wire/smooth cover), L2(Red wire), H1(Yellow wire), H2(Orange wire), P(Brown wire/Indicator light), and 2B(Red wire/smooth wire)

    The new switch (903097-9050)(240V/13A) has two connectors for P1, P2, 2, 4(w/terminal), and 4A. It also has several slits to insert something for S1 and S2?

    Any ideas on how to connect this and is it ok if one switch was 15A and one 13A? Sears said that this was the correct switch but not sure about the AMPs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you...



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,214 Answers

First, have you removed the wires from the old switch?

If not, then look on the switch, old or new, and see if there are numbers on the terminals. If so, just move the wires one at a time, terminal number to terminal number.

If you have removed the wires, then you will need to find the wiring diagram, which is most likely found somewhere inside the unit or on the back panel. You should be able to identify the correct wire connection from the wiring diagram.

If you can reply the full model number, I might can find a wiring diagram for it and give you more direction.

Posted on Jan 22, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a kenmore elite range model number 790 46809 991 and the burner on both the left and right are acting up. They both show that a burner is on on the control panel (not surface indicator) and the...

Hello gralexander,

The problem you are experencing is with you control switches. The cheapest place i can find the switch is from searsparts direct. Here is a link to the webpage

You will see a diagram in the top left side of the page use it to locate the switches that are bad and order them from sears. You may also need the burners to check them you need a continutity tester.

1. Remove the burner from the socket
2. Take your test and touch one probe to each side of the burner.
3. If you have continunity then the burners are good
4. If not you will have to order burners as well.

Changing the switches:

1. Unplug the range
2. Remove the back panel where the switches are.
3. Remove the knob from the front
4. Remove the screws from the switch you are replacing (Due one at a time)
5. Move the wires from the switch to the corresponding terminal on the new switch
6. Replace the switch and screw in place
7. Do the other switch
8. Reinstall the cover on the back of the unit
9. Plug in and try

Doing all of the above steps should fix the problem that you are having. Please make sure that you install L1 to L1 and L2 to L2 on the new switch other wise you will cross wire it and the rest of the switches will short and need to be replaced.

Thank you for choosing If you have any other questions please post back to this thread and I will do my best to help you with your Range problem


Mar 10, 2011 | Kenmore 63252 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Hi Everyone, I purchased a Frigidaire range 4 years ago and found out soon after that these models (or similar models) are notorious for having issues where they burners don't heat consistently, etc... A...

Dude the ERC don't control the top burners. That is the electronic oven control. The top burners are controlled by them fancy knobs on top with individual switches. I have 2 vids here that might interest you. The first one show old school burner switch operation. The second it the new fangled dual burner switch. Watch this:

Electrolux stove manual featuring them fancy switches

Dec 20, 2010 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

I want the original part # 318078201 dual switch. The replacement # 903057-9010 is cheap and breaks. Gone through 3 for Sears model # 7904684992 flat top range

It could be there is just a batch of the replacements that are defective. The parts are subbed out for all appliances and the original is very likely not being manufactured any more.

Dec 22, 2009 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

I have a Whirlpool Gold Accubake Stove with ceramic top ( approx 9 yrs old) ..the dual burner (one size for smaller pots vice versa) will only heat both burners even when you only turn the smallest part of...

This is becoming a common problem. If your dual burners are controlled by the burner switch only, then you need to replace your dual burner infinite switch. Some models have a seperate rocker switch that switches from small burner to both burners. If you have this style then this is usually your problem. Can also be from shorted wiring but this is very unlikely. Good Luck, Appliance Specialists

Dec 11, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The dual output burner does not work. I measured the resistance across the terminals for each element and it appears that there is a break on the common side of the elements. Are there replacement elements...

Those "Dual Heat Range" burners are available. Go to, click on "Parts Direct", enter model number, press enter, when next screen pops up look on diagram for your burner, then scroll down to find part number & price. Then search the internet for cheapest price and delivery. Those burners average 150.00 - 300.00.

Sep 23, 2009 | Maytag Admiral LER3330AAW / LER3330AAZ /...

1 Answer

Large burner won't shut off

This stove uses a special switch that turns one way for the large burner and the other way for the smaller burner. I was not aware that this had a seperate simmer burner on it, however. I think you using the wrong term there.

This is not computer controlled--the only computer on it should be the oven switch. I would assume that you need to replace the switch for the dual-size burner. If you take your model number in to Sears, or log onto Sears dot com, you should be able to get to the PARTS DIRECT web site on the computer, and if they ever sold that model you should be able to pull up a parts breakdown with expanded drawing and part numbers and prices. You should be able to buy the part from them. The part should be virtually the same as ANY recent model Frigidaire or Kenmore stove with the same style burner. This should be a very easy repair for you to make yourself, assuming that you know a little about working with electricity--remember, this stove USES 220 VOLTS!

Check out all of the wiring coming into the switch and going from the switch to the burner to be sure that there is not a short!

If you have one of the older smooth surface stoves, where the burners are part of the ceramic top, all bets are off, but anything you bought new in the last half-dozen years, should have a separate burner underneath a glass top, and the repair should be simple. Even with the older stove, it is still likely the switch, and should be no problem.

Feb 09, 2009 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...

3 Answers

Dual element burner on glasstop range...inner element stays on

It is the burner control (behind the knob). The triac in the control has failed. $50 item, 10 minute change. Just make note which wire goes to which terminal.

I doubt that it is the control board, as the board has little to do with the stove top, but rather controls the display and the oven temperature/feedback monitoring.

Hope this helps.

Jan 14, 2009 | Frigidaire FEF366DC Electric Kitchen Range

6 Answers

Inop burner on new jenn-air JEC9530 elec flat cooktop

I'm having the same problem with my jec9530. The dual burner just quit working one day. I called jennair and they sent me a replacement "custom control" for free. 6 months later it quit again. I am now considering attempting to put an infinite switch (dual), part #PS786568 in its place. It is not electronic, and it looks like it is used for the jec9536 middle back dual burner. It is only $35, even if it doesn't work like the electronic one I don't care. My wife usually only uses both burners at the same time anyway.

Sep 04, 2007 | Cooktops

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kitchen Ranges Logo

Related Topics:

1,294 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Ranges Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers


Level 3 Expert

77939 Answers

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3178 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides