Question about Lenovo ThinkPad R400 Notebook
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
hi mmi300, try to press Fn + F5 and check if it works. Pls determine if there is a toggle switch (if it is a laptop) somewhere. Disregard that step if it is a desktop...
Hope this help...
Posted on May 09, 2010
Your hard drive maybe failing. I would make a back up as soon as possible . Then I would do a dskchk, Here's how:
Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
Posted on Jun 13, 2009
SOURCE: Hello I have a LENOVO-Y430
Welcome to Fixya
Make sure first that there are no devices plug in to the usb when you boot up the computer. Check if the harddrive is being detected by the computer. Press F2 to go to BIOS menu and see if the computer can detect you harddrive. It should be under the main menu and will say below harddrive. It should give you infromation of the harddrive. If there is no information of the harddrive then the problem there is the harddrive already.
Please reply to this email for any update.
Thank you for using Fixya!
Posted on Feb 03, 2011
Welcome to FixYa! The problem that you have is about the Operating system and there are two ways of fixing the problem which is by using the Recovery Disc or using the One Key Recovery Button. Please follow the steps below for you to be able to fix the problem. If everything is done and its still the same, most probably, the problem is with the Harddrive.
For One Key Recovery:
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Press the little button near the power button, it usually do have a drawing of an icon that looks like a horse shoe or a headset.
3. There will be a window that will appear which do have three option, One Key Antivirus, One Key Recovery and System Setup. Choose One key Recovery.
4. There will be another window that will appear which do have two option, Restore from initial backup and Restore from user backup,Choose Restore from initial back up
5. It will asked you if you want to continue, Just click on OK or YES.
6. Once done, Reboot the computer.
For Recovery Disc,
1. Insert the disc inside the drive.
2. Turn off the computer then turn it back on and keep on tapping F12
3. There will a window that will appear which do have three options, HDD,ODD/DVD/CD, and NAT, choose ODD/DVD/CD
4. It will asked you to press any key immediately, you will need to press any key immediately so that it will boot from ODD.
5. It will asked you to choose a partition, choose Disc 0 partition 1
6. Reboot computer once done.
I hope this information will be helpful. Thank you for using FixYa...
Posted on Mar 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2015 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Dec 15, 2014 | Lenovo ThinkPad Computers & Internet
Sep 26, 2013 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Dec 06, 2011 | Lenovo N200 T2310 Notebook
Aug 10, 2009 | Lenovo ThinkPad R51e Notebook
Jul 20, 2009 | Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Notebook
Dec 03, 2008 | Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 - Pentium Dual Core...
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: