Question about Epson Stylus CX4200 All-In-One InkJet Printer
If I print an XP test page, it comes out perfect, but when I try to print an all black document, with no colors, it comes out "greenish" and the test is not solid, it has gaps. There is no grayscale option that I can find in the printing prefs for the cx4200.
thanks for any help.
try this :
Please confirm that the head cleanings were done using the most effective method listed below.
1) Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing.
NOTE: You cannot clean the print head if the any of the cartridges are expended. Replace the appropriate ink cartridge before proceeding.
2) Load letter size paper.
3) Click on START.
For Windows 95/98/ME: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PROPERTIES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows 2000: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows XP: Click CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS AND FAXES. RIGHT-CLICK your EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. If this icon is not showing, select VIEW INSTALLED PRINTERS. Then RIGHT-CLICK the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows Vista: Click CONTROL PANEL,HARDWARE AND SOUND then PRINTERS. Note: these steps may vary depending on how Vista is setup. RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
4) Click on the UTILITY or MAINTENANCE tab, then click on HEAD CLEANING.
5) Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the printhead. Cleaning takes about 30 seconds, during which time the printer makes some noise and the power light flashes. Never turn off the printer while the power light is flashing, unless the printer has not moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
6) When the power light stops flashing click PRINT NOZZLE CHECK PATTERN and then click NEXT.
7) If the nozzle check pattern has no gaps in its lines, click FINISH. If the pattern has any gaps, click CLEAN to clean the printhead again.
8) If the situation continues after three cleaning cycles and nozzle checks, replace one of the affected ink cartridge(s).
9) Once the cartridge(s) has been replaced, please follow steps one through seven up to three times.
Posted on Jan 03, 2008
Please ensure that you have removed (Completely) all yellow tape on the top of the cartridge.If it is not completely removed a vacuum can form preventing the flow of ink.
Run a few cleaning cycles.
Try a local print test...
As for thr G4 sorry but I can help you except to power off all devices, power up and reboot.
Posted on Feb 09, 2008
SOURCE: epson stylus cx4200 all-in-one?
1. Make sure the printer is turned on.
2. Make sure the document cover is closed, then closed, then open the scanner.
(Do not open the scanner when the document cover is open).
3. Press and release the ink button. The 'On' and 'Ink' lights flash.
If one of the cartridges is low or empty the printer moves that cartridge to the 'ink out' mark. Go to step 4.
If no cartridges are low or empty the ink cartridge holder moves to the ink replacement position. Go to step 5.
4. Pree the 'ink' button again.
If more than one cartridge is empty or low the next cartridge moves to the 'ink out' mark.
Once the printer identifies all the empty or low ink cartridges the print head moves to the ink cartridge replacement position.
5. Open the cartridge cover, squeeze the tab at the back of the empty cartridge and lift it out.
6. Before you open the new cartridge package shake it four or five times and remove it from the package .
(Don't remove or tear the label on the cartridge otherwise ink will leak out) .
(Don't touch the green chip on the front of the ink cartridge - you could damage the cartridge).
7. Place the new ink cartridge into the cartridge holder and push it down till it clicks into place.
8. Replace any other cartridges that need replacing.
9. Close the ink cartridge cover and press it until it clicks into place.
10. Close the scanner.
11. Press the 'ink' button. The printer starts charging ink and the 'on' light starts flashing . This takes about a minute . When it's finished the 'on' light stops flashing and remains on and the 'ink' light goes out.
You'll see all the above, with helpful pictures, at
this Epson support page
Posted on Mar 19, 2008
1. Make sure the unit is turned on, and not printing. The POWER light should be on, but not flashing.
2. Lower the OUTPUT tray, and lift the scanner portion to access the ink cartridges.
3. Press and release the INK button. The print heads will move to the left, and the cartridge that needs to be replaced will stop directly beneath the OUT OF INK symbol. Make a note of which cartridge requires replacement.
4. Press and release the INK button again. If more than one ink cartridge is empty, the next cartridge will move under the OUT OF INK symbol. If no other cartridges are out of ink, the print heads will now move to the REPLACEMENT POSITION.
5. Open the CARTRIDGE COVER. Pinch the front and back tabs of the empty cartridge as you lift it out of the unit. Dispose of this cartridge.
6. Before you remove the new cartridge from its package, shake it four or five times.
7. Remove the new cartridge from its package, and lower it into the cartridge holder. Push down gently until the cartridge clicks into place.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for each cartridge that you need to replace. Close the CARTRIDGE COVER once all of the necessary ink cartridges are replaced.
9. Carefully lower the scanner, until it clicks into place
10. Press and release the INK button.
The ON light flashes and the printer makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the ON light stops flashing and stays on steady.
Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus printer while the ON light is flashing, unless the Stylus printer hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
Posted on May 15, 2008
SOURCE: Receiving a wide band in
Clean the scanner glass, clean the scanner
If you are unsure how, download the cx4300 reference guide from the link below (yours is discontinued) click on scanner then maintenance -
Posted on May 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2011 | Epson TM-T60 Printer
May 20, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 01, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4200 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 23, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 11, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX4200 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 08, 2009 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 25, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX4200 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 09, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX4200 All-In-One InkJet...
117 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!